shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Inclusion Identification Help Please

tapio

Shiny_Rock
I have enclosed a couple of pictures of a cool looking star sapphire I have. I'm making it into a ring for myself. In the stone are three inclusions that appear to be sitting buddhas--at least that is what I am calling them. Would anyone be able to identify what these inclusions are and from where this stone may originate? Sincerely, Tapio

Three Budhas.jpg Star bright.JPG Star Bright 2.JPG

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
No help at all on types of inclusions or origins, but I love the color and your “sitting Buddha” designation for the inclusions is awesome! :lol:

tapio

Shiny_Rock
No help at all on types of inclusions or origins, but I love the color and your “sitting Buddha” designation for the inclusions is awesome! :lol:

I have since received back the GiA report and the Stone is from Sri Lanka, no treatment. The inclusions are likely zircon crystals. I think the three inclusion crystals are super cool— sitting Buddhas. I know most people don’t like inclusions, but sometimes they can add to the interest of a Stone.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stone -- nice body color and transparency for a star -- at least in the mounted photo.

I was going to joke that it's the stamp from the mold -- until I heard about the GIA report =)2

tapio

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty stone -- nice body color and transparency for a star -- at least in the mounted photo.

I was going to joke that it's the stamp from the mold -- until I heard about the GIA report =)2

The star also has a report from C. Dunaigre Switzerland stating: Very Good, Transparent, Natural corundum, Sri Lanka, No indications of heating. I'm not sure how the public views the value of reports from different independent labs. It is my understanding the most reputable are GRS Gemresearch SwissLab, GubleinGem Lab, GIA, IGL (International Gemological Institute), IGI International Gemological Institute, AGL and AIGS Asian Institute for Gemological Research. I understand some are better for diamond grading and others for coloured stones. I know I've missed some--please correct me or feel free to add. It is difficult for the consumer to know what is best. Is there a rating system that rates the ratings for independent labs?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results