shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire eternity band

Joolz

Rough_Rock
I am interested in a sapphire eternity band, using stones ~.25 karats or greater each stone. Leon Mege had an amazing band on his site and I am kicking myself for not saving the pictures, but it consisted of blue cushion sapphires with diamond pave. Is there a reason that sapphire eternity bands typically have smaller stones? Would an eternity band with larger stones not suitable for everyday wear? I am looking for a right hand ring and want it to be somewhat substantial. The only other place I have seen them is on the Natural Sapphire Company’s website and I would rather not buy from them (no prices listed, I requested a price quote last week and received no response). Any ideas for vendors or if I should go custom?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Sapphires are suited for everyday wear. I think they are on a 9 on the MOH scale. I wish you had also saved pictures of the LM band as I don't think I have ever seen a CS eband from him and I think that would be incredible. :love:

I personally would check out ID Jewelry as a starting point as they have many different CS bands and perhaps you can find something similar to what you like there. Though I don't think I have ever seen a cushion sapphire band. :confused: You can definitely go larger but I think the problem will be finding sapphires that have the same color/saturation etc and sourcing them might be difficult.

I would also stay away from NSC, from reviews and my own personal dealings with them I have found their business practices rather shady.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Larger stones are usually sold separately as it is difficult to find a parcel matching enough for an eternity band (same dimension, same hue, saturation and tone, evenness of colour distribution, cut, and etc). This is easier for smaller stones but not larger ones.

Joolz

Rough_Rock
Sarah--the eternity band by LM was gorgeous, I am kicking myself for not saving photos but I emailed it to my husband several times so I figured I would at least have it in my sent items, but alas, nothing.

The NSC's ears must have been ringing, I just got a response back on their eternity band.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Anna Tessa|1315347451|3011025 said:
Chrono, I just want to say that the ruby in your avatar pic is absolutely gorgeous... Do you own it, or is it in any jewelry you have? I've had trouble finding rubies or appropriate size in my area.

That beauty is Chrono's spinel which is set into a WF halo setting. You can click on her avatar and find her topic on it to find out more.

You can post a topic on finding a ruby. There are several vendors PSers could point you towards.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results