shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire earrings!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I had a long time dithering back and forth over what I wanted for earrings to wear at my wedding. I spent lots of time trolling ebay only to decide I hate all earrings ever made, etc and so on. Then Yvonne Raley posted these sapphires in her shop and I HAD to have them. They are sooooo pretty! Really sparkly and blue, and light enough so that they still appear blue even in dim lighting. I am quite pleased with them.

4.7mm, basic heat only
4 prong settings in Stuller X1 (as my jeweler said when I walked in, "Oh, you had the weird white gold order!")

img_4437.jpg

img_4438.jpg

img_4439.jpg

img_4440.jpg

img_4443.jpg

img_4453.jpg

img_4459.jpg

img_4460.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Pretty! I've wanted sapphire studs for a while too. Really nice choice for wedding earrings!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaand ear shots:

Light from sun lamp (please ignore my messy closet shelves):
ear1.jpg

Horrible bathroom lighting that turns all stones brown:
ear2.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have done quite well for yourself - I love them! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're gorgeous! I love that blue! :love: And they look amazing on your ears!!! Great choice! :appl:
Wear them in health and happiness and marital bliss!

cm366

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! :appl:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! Pretty colour on the stones, and I like the settings! :appl: :appl:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Okay, this excites me for two reasons:

1) they're totally gorgeous!! I love the settings too! They're beautiful.

And

2) I'm also getting a pair of sapphires from Yvonne from that same batch, lol!! They're smaller than yours, at 4 mm and .8 tcw. And they're set in rose gold bezels with french wires, so the setting style looks completely different. But they're that same gorgeous blue, from the same seller/same batch, I'm so excited.

I just think it's very cool to see how you had yours done, and a funny coincidence since my pair is supposed to be shipped (hopefully) tomorrow. When I saw your post I thought it was neat :). I really like your setting too, I probably would've gone with a stud setting but my last few earrings were all studs (set by Yvonne). So I wanted something different for these.

I love Yvonne, she does almost all of my stuff!! (I see that she didn't do the setting on yours, but she's great for affordable gorgeous gems too).

Sorry for the mini thread jack, hope it's not bothersome!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your find! Beautiful color & tone -- you'll look fabulous!

Looking forward to seeing yours too, Katharath.

--- Laurie

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful earrings, they even look good in the bathroom lighting! They are perfect for a wedding day I think, and will go great with all your other wedding jewelry!

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
SOOOOO pretty! I love that blue! :love: :love: :love: Congratulations!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I am really quite pleased with them. And I'm still always amazed how putting stones in settings makes them look so much bigger than they did while loose, haha. I was worried that these might be too small, but they really look like a quite good size!

So these are my official wedding present from my fiance - poor dude had forgotten all about them and worked himself up into a tizzy last week because he didn't have anything to give me. Fortunately for him I'd already taken care of it.

katharath|1365809358|3425854 said:
2) I'm also getting a pair of sapphires from Yvonne from that same batch, lol!! They're smaller than yours, at 4 mm and .8 tcw. And they're set in rose gold bezels with french wires, so the setting style looks completely different. But they're that same gorgeous blue, from the same seller/same batch, I'm so excited.

I just think it's very cool to see how you had yours done, and a funny coincidence since my pair is supposed to be shipped (hopefully) tomorrow. When I saw your post I thought it was neat :). I really like your setting too, I probably would've gone with a stud setting but my last few earrings were all studs (set by Yvonne). So I wanted something different for these.

I love Yvonne, she does almost all of my stuff!! (I see that she didn't do the setting on yours, but she's great for affordable gorgeous gems too).

Oh cool - I was wondering who had snagged those! When they went up on her Etsy page I had an insane moment where I was like "BUY ALL THE SAPPHIRE EARRINGS!" but then I realized that was dumb. My last three pairs of earrings have also all been by Yvonne - the zircon baguette dangles that were recently up, some of those dangly replica art deco pin earrings (omg to die for, even though she keeps saying the casting doesn't pick up all the detail, the detail that IS there is incredible), and some tsavorite studs. I buy kind of an embarrassingly large amount of stuff from her.

She didn't do the setting on mine because I picked these two from a batch of stones and then mailed the rest back and I didn't want to jack with mailing things back and forth any more than I had to.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
distracts|1365817128|3425924 said:
Oh cool - I was wondering who had snagged those! When they went up on her Etsy page I had an insane moment where I was like "BUY ALL THE SAPPHIRE EARRINGS!" but then I realized that was dumb. My last three pairs of earrings have also all been by Yvonne - the zircon baguette dangles that were recently up, some of those dangly replica art deco pin earrings (omg to die for, even though she keeps saying the casting doesn't pick up all the detail, the detail that IS there is incredible), and some tsavorite studs. I buy kind of an embarrassingly large amount of stuff from her.

She didn't do the setting on mine because I picked these two from a batch of stones and then mailed the rest back and I didn't want to jack with mailing things back and forth any more than I had to.

LOL!! I totally hear you, I do the same thing. I obsess over her store, but for me the big thing is the color change garnets. I want to buy all of the color change garnets! Every time she lists a new one I have to tell myself, you don't need to buy them all! (I have multiple earring pairs, rings, and one cc garnet station bracelet, all from her).

I'd been dying to get a pair of the sapphires, but I had several fairly pricy projects going on with her - then that pair got listed and it just kind of worked out :). I hear you on why you didn't want to mail them back for setting, I might have done the same thing. I bet it was fun having that parcel of sapphires to choose from!!

Anyway it's nice to chat with you, and congrats on your earrings and upcoming wedding!

JewelFreak - I will post pics and start my own thread on my sapphire earrings, I don't want to take up anymore space in this one :). But thanks for the kind words.

Kelly12

Shiny_Rock
I love the blue colour. I think this set is very beautiful!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here they are with my engagement ring and the pendant that I'll be wearing at my wedding (honestly, since I bought it, it's my second-most-worn pendant, haha - bought it on preloved from Dreamer!). Sorry my finger is awkwardly in the picture - I had to hold down the little earring flap to prop my ring on it.

photo_5.png

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Your wedding day set is so stunning! Classic and elegant.

I think I remember that you're from Dallas. Are you getting married there? I did eleven years ago (and wore sapphires too!).

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1365823645|3425992 said:

I think I remember that you're from Dallas. Are you getting married there? I did eleven years ago (and wore sapphires too!).

Thank you! And yep! There are pictures of my venue in the first post here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/getting-lost-in-stupid-stuff.155439/page-32']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/getting-lost-in-stupid-stuff.155439/page-32[/URL]

Sapphires are the best.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Distracts those earrings look perfect on you! I love your ering and the necklace is gorgeous :love:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Your wedding jewelry is gorgeous. The earrings and ring look so great together color wise. Such a beautiful set! I love CS for wedding rings.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely earrings distracts! I love your wedding jewelry, it's all beautiful. :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
distracts said:
Rosebloom|1365823645|3425992 said:

Thank you! And yep! There are pictures of my venue in the first post here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/getting-lost-in-stupid-stuff.155439/page-32']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/getting-lost-in-stupid-stuff.155439/page-32[/URL]

Sapphires are the best.
Gorgeous! I hope it's a magical wonderful day!

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
distracts|1365822984|3425984 said:
And here they are with my engagement ring and the pendant that I'll be wearing at my wedding (honestly, since I bought it, it's my second-most-worn pendant, haha - bought it on preloved from Dreamer!). Sorry my finger is awkwardly in the picture - I had to hold down the little earring flap to prop my ring on it.

photo_5.png

What a beautiful set!!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Those are gorgeous! What a great match with your ering! Enjoy!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic and beautiful! I can't think of a lovelier gift.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza on the wedding set! It will be beautiful in person and the photos.

Do you plan to wear anything sparkly in your hair?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results