shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire cushion with half moon diamonds

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I posted a few months ago about losing the centre diamond from my engagement ring, and subsequent insurance claim. I always wanted a sapphire ring, and had started looking at them originally, however I think the giddy glow of being recently engaged meant I ended up rushing and getting a diamond instead of waiting for a sapphire. With my claim, I was able to stop, think, gather my thoughts and end up going for exactly what I want.

I would like to say a MASSIVE thank you to people on the Coloured Stones forum for teaching me so much about sapphires, including heat treatments, windows (which I never understood until I saw one IRL!) and colours. I spent ages on PS, saving pictures of various rings and settings into an inspiration folder. Athenaworth and LostSapphire's Jeff Whites were my colour inspiration and Diamondseeker and Arunajane convinced me it had to be a cushion. I debated between a plain shank with a pave diamond halo and a three stone, however in the end the three stone won it for me and I ended up falling in love with half moons. I also kept dreaming of sweeping, swooshing double prongs!

My jeweller sourced some unheated cushion sapphires for me and lo and behold, I did the anti-PS thing and went for the smallest of the lot! The colour, cut and sparkle of this little cushion was just perfect I had to have it! It is a Madagascan unheated stone.

The ring is set in 18ct white gold as opposed to platinum so that it doesn't rub against my gold Cartier trinity wedding ring. The ring is a UK M (6) however needs to go down by half a size.

Finally, the pics are crummy iphone pictures, I will get some proper ones up soon. I am going to hold out on posting exact specs until I have the full paperwork in my hand as don't want to get it wrong.

face on.JPG

Gallery.JPG

natural daylight uncropped.jpg

side angle.jpg

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and the last picture is my finger with an approx 7ct RB so included it must be an I3. I just tried it on for fun as it wasn't even for sale.

side on.jpg

With wedding ring.jpg

christmas bauble.jpg

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color of your beautiful new sapphire. Your ring is gorgeous - congratulations, and enjoy it! :appl: :appl:

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
The sapphire is so beautiful~ Congrats

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Wow, what a gorgeous color! What lighting are those pictures taken in? And I love the design you picked, so classic. Can we ask who your jeweler is?

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
BlueIris,Mitsui4 Thank you so much, the colour is amazing. It has such sparkle its unbelievable. I keep seeing new shades of blue in different lights.

Winternight The jeweller is in the UK and is a small family jewellers called Harper's. As for the lighting- the hand shot and the fencepost are taken on a clear sunny day, the others (resting on the photo frame) are taken inside just next to a window, without any flash or artificial light.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you really nailed that color! Just gorgeous!!! :appl: I am looking for a small round sapphire now, and I hope I will be fortunate enough to find a spectacular color like that!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great ring! The color of that sapphire is beautiful!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! That color is marvelous!!! So velvety and saturated! Congrats!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Could you post the specs of your ring? What face-up dimensions are the sapphire and half-moons? I am trying to get a feeling for size and proportion of 3 stone rings.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Oh my.... So, so beautiful. It is perfection. Congrats on getting exactly what you wanted!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful 3 stone! I love the color!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. The color of the sapphire is great.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow- it is stunning!! Congrats on your beautiful replacement.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous with your band! :love:

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
That is one lovely ring!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color of that sapphire is really beautiful!! A very, very pretty ring - Congrats!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! That color is gorgeous. Congratulations.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sapphire has gorgeous color, beautiful ring. Congratulations!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantastic color of blue, beautiful ring...

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really really pretty! I love that style of setting. So classic and timeless and beautiful.

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful color! Lovely ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results