shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Cab?

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys,
Lately I have been looking for a nice blue colored cabochon. I contacted a vendor and they supplied me with a sapphire picture (I am posting the cropped version).
I am thinking it will probably be a tad more saturated in person due to the way their untouched picture looked.

I don't know much when it comes to sapphire in cab form... I know the best material is usually faceted. They said this stone is slightly included. I am not sure how much better it can get for me with a small budget.

It's almost 1.5 carats. Heated only. Around $150.

sapphirecab.jpg

Does the price seem right for it being a cab and heated? Do you think it's worth a look in person? I could ask for some more pictures but I don't want to bother them if it's not worth pursuing. They have a 10 day return policy.

Thanks for your help.

Chrysoberyl

Rough_Rock
Difficult to say from such a picture,but the color looks fine to me for a cabochon.The price is good.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that on the back of the hand? I presume so from the hair. :bigsmile: Not being able to see the full picture, I think the person is either extremely light skinned or there could be strong lighting used. You should be able to differentiate the two since you have the full picture. Slightly included is normal for cabochons. The picture doesn't show much (cannot see the level of transparency, gauge its true colour and clarity) but if the return and refund policy is good, there's no harm in getting it. The price is very reasonable for what is advertised.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Cool. Sorry for the late response.
Thank you Chrysoberyl and Chrono. I am still on the fence. I am glad to hear it's an okay price too. :)

The picture looks to be taken in diffused light (maybe an overcast day). The skin is light and the picture has that slight greyish/unsaturated look that digital cameras seem to capture.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results