shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Bling

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mayacamas

Rough_Rock
After a year of looking for a nice unheated natural sapphire, I just picked up my 10 year anniversary present and thought I would share............

I love it! I would like to thank Richard Hughes for inspiration and to Neil (DenverAppraiser)who lurks on this web site for pushing me to be a little more open minded.

Kudos ( and my undying gratitude) to the jeweler and gemologist who helped me, as well as the gem dealer!
appl.gif

IMG_0154.JPG

Mayacamas

Rough_Rock
And this..............

IMG_0155.JPG

Mayacamas

Rough_Rock
Finally this one.

The really sad thing is that the camera does not do justice to this sapphire and ring whatsoever. When I found this sapphire I knew it was "the one" I had never seen something that was so beautiful.

IMG_0153.JPG

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
magnificent colour!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. My. Word.

That is indescribably beautiful
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Congratulations!!!

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Wow,

That is beautiful and untreated to boot – very hard to find. Tell us more about your search and the Sapphire ! Lots of Details please!

Mayacamas

Rough_Rock
Lets try this- I am still trying to master my camera............

The story I alluded to to those who were trying to give Ben advice on buying his sapphire...........I posted the following:
My husband and I are re-doing my engagement ring after 10 years of happy marriage. I wanted a sapphire- a very nice sapphire to be the center stone. I thought it would be easy, I ordered the first stone from one of the Israeli internet sites in December of last year. I then sent that back and ordered a very nice sapphire from a vendor in AZ, sent that back. Ordered what I thought would be perfect from Thailand, sent that back.

Take home message, after spending about $700 for shipping, about $100 for Richard Hughes book - by far my best investment, and 12 months, thats right Ben, 12 months, I found the right stone.

Did I look for something unrealistic? Nope. I simply wanted something that was about 10mm x8mm and nice, and in the UNIVERSE of affordable- the $10,000/ct was not gonna fly.

What did I learn? You need to see a lot of junk before you get an idea of what something nice is, and quite honestly, the best investment I made was finding a good jeweler, who could either bring in sapphires, or tell me if my find was garbage.

The truth is that I was LUCKY when I fell into the situation to buy the stone, and I dont think that luck will hit again, but I will tell you it was the education (school of hard knocks) that put me in the position to be lucky.

Isnt that true for everything in life?
naughty.gif

Thanks!

Halee

blingbling.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
where did you buy this amazing stone please share!

Mayacamas

Rough_Rock
I actually did not find the stone, but rather, I found though several referrals and contacts a Goldsmith/Artist/Gemologist who brought in stones for me to look at.

If someone lives in Denver I have a great referral- but he's very lo-tech, all craftmanship and knowledge- no email and jpeg!

It was through this Artisan that I found the stone. He had contacted one of his friends who is a gem/mineral specimen dealer.
wavey.gif

So no sexy story, just a lot of trial and error!

Mayacamas

Rough_Rock
Another view as I am playing with the camera...........
wavey.gif

IMG_0174.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Truely delightful!
appl.gif

Sharon

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful sapphire hue and beautiful ring. Congrats.
appl.gif

What are the specs?

Mayacamas

Rough_Rock
This is a custom made 18k white gold ring, with 2 E color, si1 pear cut diamonds that are 0.8 cts(one is my original engagement stone), and a 4.84 Sri Lanka, UNHEATED sapphire.

I think this ring is perfect!

Thanks!
Halee

leggs

Shiny_Rock
I dream of the day my ering looks that beautiful.I too am looking for a sapphire replacement, actually whole new ring because i dread!! lost my first one.Anyway I found the ring similar to yours but smaller it's a 6x4 and man I have had a bad time finding this size stone. Today I bid and won
a 5.8x4.1 bi color blue to purple sapphire and I am crossing my fingers it will work in the setting,
Anyway good luck with the next ten years and whatever you do, don't loose that ring
1.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
mayacamas--where did you buy your sapphire? how large is it?

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to pricescope!
wavey.gif

Stunning ring, the color is sooo rich.
appl.gif
Do wear it in good health.

foxglove

Rough_Rock
What a beauty!! Gorgeous colour! Well done!

fox

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a gorgeous blue. I would have never guessed that it was untreated too because the blue is so saturated. Beautiful.
love.gif

rubydick

Shiny_Rock
That's a beauty! You should be quite proud to own such a nice sapphire.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results