carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Bezel Ring - David Klass

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This is a fabulous ring--wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just stunning, I love the sapphire in the 18k gold, it's so vibrant!

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thank you JDDN, lovedogs, star sparkle, hathalove, apacherose, dk168, canuk-gal, Asscherhalo_lover!

I am really enjoying this ring! It has such presence on my hand -- my previous RHRs were all plain-shanked, so this is a change for me. Can't stack anything with it, but I don't need to!

More pictures!

The now-obligatory velvet box shots:

Morning in the kitchen:

yanaazulsapphirehand6.jpg

yanaazulsapphirevelvet4.jpg

yanaazulsapphirevelvet5.jpg

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Outside, shade:

Outside, my back to the sun: :love:

This is about the darkest I ever see it, when it's not catching the light. As my hand tilts I catch these broad flashes of color -- not sparkle, because of the silk -- and it thrills my heart. I love this ring!

Both of my Gemfix sapphires. I now wear the oval on my left middle finger, replacing the Heart of Water bezel ring.

yanaazulsapphirehand7.jpg

yanaazulsapphirehand5.jpg

yanaazulsapphirehand4.jpg

yanaazulsapphiregemfix.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Your lovely setting combined with your amazing sapphire is one of the most sumptuous and luxurious rings that I have ever seen. Definitely one of my favorite rings on PS. Just gorgeous! What a great way to remember fond childhood memories! :love: :love: :love: Enjoy!

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, CRYSTAL24K! It is everything I had ever been yearning for in a sapphire, size, color, a special setting... I know there are more spectacular sapphire rings out there, true works of art that we've seen here on Pricescope -- but this one is so perfectly me!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is simply perfect! thank you so much for sharing.

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Simply amazing! That is the blue I think of with blue sapphire and hope to have someday. Thank you for sharing your pretty. I am one that likes detail and side viewing, so this ring really satisfies my eyes. Looks amazing altogether :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That blue with that gold...just too yummy! :lickout:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and setting! :love: I'd love to see the original picture of the stone if you happened to save it. I'd like to be able to better interpret his pictures. I think your sapphire is beautiful!

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Tekate, Victoria10, tyty333, and diamondseeker2006!

Here's the original Gemfix picture from the website. As you can see, after accounting for the difference between evenly diffused light and normal living light, I think it's a good representation.

Loose on my hand. I can't find the picture of the foil "bezel" (more like tiny cone) that I had made to reassure myself that the stone would be fine in a bezel setting. It was so goofy, but did indeed show that I'd have a glowy blue stone even if the pavilion was completely enclosed.

Final CAD. There were only three, he was familiar with the original setting, so it was just a matter of deciding what to do without the diamonds, and tweaking the flare of the shank.

yanaazulgemfixsapphire.png

yanaazulsapphireloose.jpg

yanaazuldavidklasscad.png

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
These are really cool. I asked David if he would mind taking pictures of the ring before having it engraved, and he kindly obliged. I wish I had thought to do this for my diamond three-stone, it's really fascinating!

He sent pictures individually, I pasted them together. (ETA: Ugh, none of these pictures are blurry before uploading! I noticed that in my previous posts too!)

yanaazulringengraving1.jpg

yanaazulringengraving2.jpg

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love this ring! How long did it take to find the sapphire? I have gotten 2 different sapphires and they have both been too dark. Any tips you used to find yours? Thanks! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Your ring is stunning! :love: The design, engraving and stone all perfectly compliment one another. It's so beautiful! :appl: Love all of your photos too! :wavey:

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thanks lilysweet, PieAreSquared, and Rockinruby! I'll post in the comparison thread, thanks for reminding me.

lilysweet: sapphires are tricky, as you know. Have to be seen in person, and with online purchasing I think you have to go in knowing you might have to send it back... I actually ordered two sapphires to compare, and was prepared to send both back. Laura and Andrew at Gemfix are really great about this, I must point out -- they knew I was going to keep only one -- if at all -- yet did not make it awkward in any way. They even included in the confirmation email a reminder to look at the sapphires in all lights, live with it for a few days... and please do not hesitate to return if it doesn't fit my expectations. (I really should have titled this thread with both David *and* Gemfix to give credit...)

As for tips... I'm hardly an expert. I was mainly looking for a particular hue -- the deep ocean of childhood memory -- which in my mind is not greenish but couldn't be too violet either, and had to have enough saturation so it wouldn't be gray. Which when you put together, really runs the risk of being too dark altogether. So I feel very lucky to have found what I was looking for.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Mother Nature was working extra hard on your stone. It is breathtaking! I too love Acinom's inspiration ring. Enjoy!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is just simply incredible :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my!! I missed this the first time around - this is an unbelievably gorgeous stone! Wow, Yanazul, you knocked it out of the park. Love the rich gold with the vivid blue. Oh my!!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
18k nice and YELLOW! Perfect with the blue! Gorgeous design! I'm really digging the bezels!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results