shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Beads

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lonewoodminer

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,

Just came across these sapphire beads through one of our contacts in India - got a couple of sets just to see how they looked in real life. Hoping that we could use some of our lower grade sapphire in this way but not sure that we could compete on price. They look really great - have had trouble getting a good photo but here is one just for interest. Unbelievable that they could drill a hole and facet these gems (3 - 6.5 mm beads) in this way. We understand that the sapphires hail from Madagascar - they are a lighter blue than ours and the ones used here show some fracturing and inclusions typical of their lower grade material. However, they certainly look the part.

cheers
Andrew Lane

Faceted_Beads_4.jpg

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
How interesting and cool!!!

I would love to see a row of sapphire beads like these used in a multi/rainbow necklace or bracelet, not a full necklace mind you, but just enough to see an amazing range of color, maybe w/a little plat or white gold accent on each end of the rainbow...how dreamy would that be???

Andrew, please let us know if you start to do any work with sapphire beads, I bet their potential for drop earrings would be wonderful!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks to me that you found yourself a great find. I agree the potential for pretty drop earrings would be amazing, keep us posted.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results