shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire and white gold filigree anniversary ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divajess

Rough_Rock
This is my first post after much lurking over the past couple of years, heh. Thanks to everyone for sharing your beautiful stuff, it has been inspiring!

I''ve had this gorgeous, deep blue 1.44 carat, 6.5mm sapphire for about 10 years...it was given to me for a high school graduation present by a friend of the family that used to be a gemstone dealer. I looked for the perfect setting for it for what felt like forever. I found a bunch of filigree settings and rings that I loved shortly after my husband purchased a plain Tiffany set diamond (a beautiful little 1/4 carat) for our engagement, and knew that despite how much I love my simple wedding set I would have to have a vintage setting for this beautiful stone!

For our first wedding anniversary this past March, my sweet husband bought me a beautiful setting for my sapphire and I FINALLY got it set this week. I was worried that it might not work, since the sapphire was a little too big for the setting (what a problem to have right? :D) but the jeweler I took it to did a beautiful job. They were recommended to me by my mother-in-law, who has been taking her jewelry there for the last 25+ years.

I can''t wait to find a slim, vintage style diamond and sapphire band to wear with it! (any suggestions are welcome)

ring_310081.jpg

divajess

Rough_Rock
A side view that shows off the filigree detail...

ring_310082.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it''s gorgeous!

divajess

Rough_Rock
Another view of the other side...

ring_310083.jpg

divajess

Rough_Rock
And one more view that shows the filigree detailing on the underside.

ring_310084.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It''s GORGEOUS! You must be so thrilled! A ring like that is definitely on my list of things to have someday!

WOW
36.gif

*DROOLING*

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!!!! Just stunning!
30.gif
The stone is gorgeous, and that setting seems to totally fit it! Perfect choice!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! How nice that you are FINALLY able to wear the blue bling!

CONGRATULATIONS

LS

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Holy guacamole!!! That''s beautiful.
25.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the vintage look and your sapphire looks amazing in that setting. You should look at the Beverly K bands that they have at Pearlman''s - really nice sapphire & diamond bands.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

divajess

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the kind comments! I am so happy to have it on my finger at last...I can''t stop looking at it sparkle in the light. I''ll have to try for some good outdoor pictures this weekend.

Upgradeable, that band is PERFECT! Exactly what I want...thank you so much for the link. I was looking at a similar style in a few places, and one was too thick, and the other one was pretty darn expensive! I think I might have found my anniversary present for THIS year.
31.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''ve also talked to several people who have bought them and the quality is very nice for the price!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning.
36.gif
My suggestion for the band (I have a similiar shape E-Ring with slim straight shaped Platinum and Diamond band) is to get a curved band. One day that is what I will do. Straight bands do not look quite right next to my E-Ring.

Lisa

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting, it''s gorgeous!!!!! Congrats on finally having your ring finished.
36.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
That is really lovely! I
30.gif
those dark blue sapphires! You''ve got the perfect setting to show off that stone.

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
That ring is STUNNING and WHOA to the sparkle in the gem!!! My goodness!! Wish my pink sapphire would sparkle that much, but I know it has more to do with the fact that it''s a princess cut instead of a round. You did a wonderful job and so did your husband!! Would you mind telling us where he got the setting? It''s absolutely lovely and I LOVE the vintage look in rings!! :)

divajess

Rough_Rock
I don''t mind sharing at all...the setting is from Janeliuna''s Jewelry. It''s one of the places I found settings at in my search, and we both had decided that the setting he purchased for me was one of the prettiest.

My experience with them has been awesome, too! I actually tried one of their wedding bands with my Tiffany-style solitaire back when we were looking for our rings for the wedding--I love the look of the vintage engraved bands. They sent me a band free of charge (after taking my credit card # for safekeeping of course, to make sure I didn''t make off with the ring! hehe) and let me try it on with my e-ring to see how it looked. That kind of willingness to go the extra mile for the customer really impressed us.

newsboysgrl777, I think your pink sapphire ring is STUNNING and very sparkly. A pink sapphire micro-pave halo ring is my next jewelry goal. ;-)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so gorgeous in that setting! I am so glad that you are finally able to wear it and enjoy it!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
So lovely!
2.gif

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
Now that''s a ring to be proud of!!!

LOVE IT!

1.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results