shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire and diamond ring by David Klaas

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Hello, dear PS Family! Long time no post, as now I am on one project per year mode :) And here is the 2016 one!

After getting my first sapphires for a Color by the Yard bracelet last year, I was on the hunt for a beautuful sapphire in 2-3 carat range. I could get a very pretty one last November on eBay, had a one month of wait to get it certified heat only, and finally had it in my hands for Xmas. Wow, how happy I was!

Here are the Pictures of the loose Stone on my hand. Ist 2,83 carats, relatevely shallow with 9.42x7.30x4.48mm, but very cool Color quite Close to vibrant medium blue in real life. It also has a small white cloud inclusion, which is not noticable in most cases.

img_20151223_164246_1.jpg
10_11.jpg

PS: wow, the stone looks pretty crap in the Pictures as I see now, I am not a good photograther :doh: .. butgreat that its not other way around when its great color on photo and crap in real life :lol:

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Then I had the whole Xmas/New Year break time to think of the setting. I wanted something with Diamonds, but not halo. Also, the sapphire looked best on my Hand in east west Position, so I was wraping it in foil and had an almost ring:)

I also thought that graduated Diamonds would look perfect with this Stone. In about that time Yissi posted her 0.15s side Stones, so I snatched them, thank you Yissi! :wavey:

Here is the fun Picture of sapphire in foil

img_20151224_111454_1.jpg

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Then I decided to go with David Klaas for this ring and am very happy with outcome! David is really great to work with and I am sure to do my next project with him!

Here are the Pictures from David

sapdia1.jpg
sapdia3.jpg
sapdia5.jpg
sapdia6.jpg
sapdia8.jpg
sapdia10.jpg
sapdia11.jpg
sapdia12.jpg
sapdia13.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! I admired your beautiful ring this morning on David's FB!!
What a fabulous piece :love:
It looks stunning on you. I like the combo with your DBTY bracelets.
Enjoy wearing your beautiful pieces!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Acinom! I admire your outsatnding Collection and in fact your ring in rose gold with red stone (sorry I dont know the name of the stone..) was the inspiration that I sent to David and asked to add graduated diamonds. :love: :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The East-West setting is unusual and it worked very well with this lovely stone and setting, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous setting for your sapphire! I love the east-west orientation of your stone, it really makes the profile view extra beautiful!
Enjoy yor new ring, it's really lovely!

Q

Queenie60

Gorgeous ring. Love the east/west setting. Enjoy. :wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the color and the east-west orientation is gorgeous! It looks great paired with your bracelet - great job!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! Looks gorgeous with your dbty bracelet!! :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Love the color and setting choice! :love: I really like the E-W orientation and profile of your ring! It's beautiful! :appl: :appl: :appl: I can't wait to see your 2017 project if this one is any indication of how fabulous it will be! :dance: Congratulations! :clap:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! :love: I love the color of the sapphire!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super pretty!! :love: enjoy it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I love the E/W! Looks like an easy, fun ring to wear!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That looks fab and love the bracelets!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Love the E/W orientation! :appl:

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
So pretty! I love it paired with your bracelets!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful ring!!!!

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
Love the gorgeous blue and it's uber amazing with your bracelets! Congrats!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful blue. I love the finger coverage and all the side bling!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! eBay often gets a bum rap, but then along comes a treasure like this one. Is this beauty your engagement ring or a "just because I wanted it" ring?

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much to all lovelely posters for the warm words and cheers!

I am really very lucky that i could get this sapphire over ebay. First i had doubts because of the color as i thought it could be enchanced with some berilium, but as i specifically tested for it and it turned out to be heat only, i could not beleive my luck. My second doubt was it is very shallow and has a native cut, but when i saw it first time in real life i was amazed by the color and brilliance and the shalowness actually allowed to make ring very low and super wearable for every day.

This ring is 10 years anniversary project, that turned out to be my primary ring, as i feel more comfortable to wear larger beatiful sapphire with just a little of bit of bling rathen than my 3 stone diamond ring. It also complements my wardrobe as i wear lots of navy.

All this would be impossible without PS community and all the wisdom and inspiration. How great you are, guys! :appl:

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a project! Absolutely breathtaking! You managed to make an absolute one of a king ring!

Did you buy that sapphire from a vendor overseas or in EU? I would love to find a good vendor here, as I do not dare to buy an expensive coloured stone overseas and custom clear it at the risk that the stone would end up looking differently than I thought.

Also how did you handle the custom issues sending the stone to US?

Thank you and, again, congratulations to the unique ring!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Hi, Dizzie!

The whole project was a lot of nerves, indeed. I bought it from Thai vendor and it took me almoust the month to get it properly tested there, i disscussed with vendor that he will not ship me the stone without my approval, so as soon as report was ready, i was ready to eat up the cost for custom clearance, should I not like the color in real life. I was calculating this risk, and hoped that even if it will be 50 procent of what was on vendor picture it will be still pretty. Well, boy, was I happy to see the stone! It is really was as per vendor picture and everything what I was dreaming about :love:

i was VERY nervous to send the stone to David, as I insured it to maximum allowed to ship with normal deutsche post, so well below of what I paid, but i also could not find anyone local who can do fine platinum work for a reasonable price. The stone cleared in NY the weekend when the Jonas snowstom was over the coast and was siting there about a week before it safely arrived in LA. These 10 days I was kicking myself that if the stone was lost and I will never be able to find something like it :wall:

Finally the third leg it was shipped month later from LA to me and safely reached me. When I opened the box and saw the ring I was so happy that all the risky parts of this project was so much worth it! :dance: :dance:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's gorgeous! I love the setting, and it looks gorgeous on your hand :love:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous set! I could drown in all those deep blues - but what a way to go!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results