shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wen104

Shiny_Rock
I haven't posted for a while but I started recently looking for a sapphire. I came upon one I love the color of and it was in my area. I actually got to look at this in person and the pictures don't even do it justice. It is also posted on Ebay. My questions What do you all think of the color and cut? I was told it was a natural and no inclusions and that looked by eye to be clean. Also how big exactly is 7.3, they were exactly sure either. If purchased what is a fair price for this? I have a budget to stay in and a setting would also need to be purchased. I am just trying to see what I have options for and I thought this might be worth bidding on.

bluere.jpg

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Picture 2

blue2re.jpg

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Picture 3

blue3re.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wen, the color is pretty but it is hard to tell from the pictures, you can''t see the detail. Are you okay with buying something from ebay? I have seen people post about losing money or not getting their money back. There is a stone I have seen from one of the vendors and I can post a link if you like as an alternative. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It does look pretty, but the pics aren''t the best. I don''t buy from ebay, too many horror stories. What is the seller''s feeback, rating etc...

Joan

Rough_Rock
I have had great luck buying on ebay. With that being said..I don''t think I would personally use ebay to make a purchase like that unless I was using paypal..and I understood the seller''s return policy. Paypal does offer protection for consumers. Also, I would recommend having the gemstone appraised soon after receiving it to consider what you actually have there. If the seller offers a return policy..then if you are unsatisfied..you can return it.

The color looks nice..and is striking to me! Good luck! ;-)

Meher Thakker

Rough_Rock
well if you say thats a 7.3 cts sapphire ..then its hard to tell cause it does''nt look like one...the gem does''nt look so promising..I''m sure you might find better deals

Meher

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 4:29:32 AM
Author: Meher Thakker
well if you say thats a 7.3 cts sapphire ..then its hard to tell cause it does''nt look like one...the gem does''nt look so promising..I''m sure you might find better deals

Meher
Perhaps the OP meant it was a 7.3mm.

LS

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 6:42:06 AM
Author: LostSapphire

Perhaps the OP meant it was a 7.3mm.

LS
That would make more sense.. it''s definitely not 7+ carats! I would be reeeally nervous to spend much more than a couple hundred on ebay, unless maybe you could see the ring in person before buying and take it to an appraiser to confirm it really is what they say.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Can you get more photos? So hard to see the cut, but the color is nice...and if its cheap enough, that setting is pretty substantial and has markings (could you get a shot of those?) You could sell that, with the price of gold lately...

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color looks beautiful. Are these photos the Ebay sellers? If so, that is a red flag in itself. The photos do not show the stones face up. If you saw it in person, Did the stone "sing" to you? I sense a little hesitation on your part? Do you feel comfortable with the seller, return policy, is the stone genuine? Keep in mind that the stone really needs to be inspected unmounted in case there are any chips/cracks....or flaws that may compromise the stone.

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone from posting. Here are some details: I was able to see the ring in person and it is amazing, much better then the picture shows. The stone is incredible. The seller is actually a pastor from a church in the area and they are auctioning the ring and donating the money to the church. The stone is actually 7.3mm not cts but I dont'' know what that means in terms of cts. I assume 2 cts. I have seen beautiful sapphires on this site but never anything in that color in person. I always thought sapphires were so much darker at least the ones they sell in the stores. The ring is a little bit more then my husband and I wanted to spend cause I also need to purchase another setting for it. I am just going to watch it and see how the price goes, I haven''t ever purchase anything off ebay over $50. I have my heart set on a thin halo to go around it in white gold. That is my dream ring!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting would be beautiful! It sounds like you would have the best of both worlds if you won the ring with the proceeds going to charity. I hope you win it! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results