shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Advice Please!

Aurigarose

Rough_Rock
I've been looking at this sapphire for awhile, but I'd really like an educated opinion before I buy. It's a 2.55 ct pear shaped Ceylon sapphire. Vivid blue with FL clarity. It's also heated, but I don't care about that so much. The dimensions are 8.55X7.56X5.35mm. Thoughts?

FM.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's a little pudgey for a pear for my tastes, but a pretty color

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
It is a little dark and is probably extinct in real life. Are there more pics? A video? The cut is def a pudgy pear, do you like that?

Aurigarose

Rough_Rock
The shape is a little on the pudgier side but I like it and I was looking for a darker sapphire. Here are some more pictures. Sorry they are so huge.

BL.jpg

SL.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was trying to find its source to get more pics and/or video, but I struck out. But I would agree that there are areas of extinction and what looks to be color zoning. Why don't you contact the vendor and ask about the extinction, tone and saturation level, any modifiers, and anything else he/she thinks you should be aware of. The depth is good. Just note that the higher the crown, the more sparkle it tends to have and we can't really tell from this image.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I also think it might be dark IRL.

Aurigarose

Rough_Rock
These were the only pictures the seller had. I am a little worried about the color. I think I'll talk to the seller about it tomorrow. Thanks for the opinions!

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock
That is a really fat pear, I like a more slender and elegant pear myself.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Ask for more photos in more real-life lighting.

By FL clarity do they mean eye-clean or loupe-clean? Loupe-clean always has me worried with sapphires.

Can you give a ballpark idea of price?

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Rose ~

I, seemingly the minority, have no problem with the 'fat pear' shape. I would love to have a fat pear or tear drop sapphire....
I would be concerned about how dark it is in-hand though. Ask LOTS of questions.

Best of luck and let us know!

~ faegrace

Aurigarose

Rough_Rock
It's eye clean and around $3k.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
If the colour is as it is in the pics and not a lot darker then it's a good price for a heated stone of that weight IMO.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results