shape
carat
color
clarity

San Francisco Bay Area

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
There isn''t a whole lot here in Portland but I''ll be in SF in a couple weeks and would like to stop in somewhere there and play for a couple hours... does anyone here know of a dealer there that has a huge selection, particularly of older cuts? Is there a "district" there that I could focus on? I hate to say it, I probably won''t purchase from them unless they can give me some sweet deal, but I''d like to see a wide selection and am curious if there are any recommendations for the Bay Area. Doesn''t have to be in SF proper. Oakland/San Jose or any of the interlying areas would work for me!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i highly recommend this jeweler ''fourtane'' in carmel for viewing, they have tons of diamonds and we saw multiple cushions while there, so you could see a bunch in person...it''s about 45 minutes to an hour drive from SJ.

also we were just at a place in palo alto that specializes in estate and vintage, they had a few cushions but they were kinda big if i recall correctly.

and i am sure some of the SF gals know a few places in SF...good luck and have fun!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 3:07:22 PM
Author: Mara
i highly recommend this jeweler ''fourtane'' in carmel for viewing, they have tons of diamonds and we saw multiple cushions while there, so you could see a bunch in person...it''s about 45 minutes to an hour drive from SJ.

also we were just at a place in palo alto that specializes in estate and vintage, they had a few cushions but they were kinda big if i recall correctly.

and i am sure some of the SF gals know a few places in SF...good luck and have fun!
Hmmm.... that might be TOO far... we''re actually just stopping in on our way to san diego LOL My dad is in oakland and my BF is in SF. I''m from the area (born in SF, jr/hs/college in SJ) so I do know the area pretty well, but I haven''t lived there for 15 years. ALTHOUGH it might be a nice excuse to go back to margaritaville and eat their nachos!! I haven''t been there for closing on 20 years!! I wonder if they''re still open and good lol

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Fortane, hmmm, what a great excuse to go to Carmel. I live in SFBay area but never went to that store - definitely next on my list. Maybe the place you went in Stanford Mall was called Gleim''s? They have a decent and varied selection of estate things.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 3:35:08 PM
Author: Beacon
Fortane, hmmm, what a great excuse to go to Carmel. I live in SFBay area but never went to that store - definitely next on my list. Maybe the place you went in Stanford Mall was called Gleim''s? They have a decent and varied selection of estate things.
My BF works at stanford so I could kill two birds and see her office and stop in... thanks for the recommendation!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
no it wasn't Gleims...not sure about their estate pieces, but way back when they tried to sell Greg some RB diamond earrings that were supposed to be H's but looked like P's at an exhorbitant price...the place we were at is not in the general mall area, it's in this brick building behind nordstroms and is called Darren McClung...it's small and absolutely amazing!! definitely recommended. i'd never been there before and WOW what a treat!!

the carmel store is the best though, for drooling over eye candy and vintage pieces. i can spend an hour in there without blinking an eye (to Greg's dismay!)..hehe.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2006 3:52:17 PM
Author: Mara
no it wasn''t Gleims...not sure about their estate pieces, but way back when they tried to sell Greg some RB diamond earrings that were supposed to be H''s but looked like P''s at an exhorbitant price...the place we were at is not in the general mall area, it''s in this brick building behind nordstroms and is called Darren McClung...it''s small and absolutely amazing!! definitely recommended. i''d never been there before and WOW what a treat!!

the carmel store is the best though, for drooling over eye candy and vintage pieces. i can spend an hour in there without blinking an eye (to Greg''s dismay!)..hehe.
I might have to do that then...

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know that jeweler, but it sounds like it''s in the "Stanford Barn". I''ll have to go check it.

pelican

Rough_Rock
Check out Lang Antiques on Sutter Street near Union Square in SF - it''s a tiny store but they have beautiful stuff.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 2:17:46 AM
Author: pelican
Check out Lang Antiques on Sutter Street near Union Square in SF - it''s a tiny store but they have beautiful stuff.
Thanks! Good one!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to Darren McClung''s in the Stanford Barn as part of our Bay Area GTG last week. It was incredible. Keep in mind that this is an extremely high-end dealer that specializes in Art Deco and Edwardian pieces. They do not advertise at all and are almost 100% referral (extremely wealthy clients) Most of what they have is in the GINORMOUS rock category so mostly it would be a place to go for pure eye candy.

You could also check out Dianne''s on Union Street in San Francisco. Small store but very famous selection of antique stuff, ranging from rather affordable to rather expensive. I highly recommend this palce if you''re considering OMCs and OECs. They have a lot of those!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Note that I said Union STREET and not Union Square! The full name of the store is Dianne''s Old and New Estates.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 10:19:10 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Note that I said Union STREET and not Union Square! The full name of the store is Dianne''s Old and New Estates.
Ahhh... I don''t know if I''ve heard of union street LOL I''ll have to look it up, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results