shape
carat
color
clarity

San Francisco B&M recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JayTee

Rough_Rock
For those of you who live in the San Francisco Bay Area and are looking for engagement rings:

I had a wonderful experience at Derco Jewelers. It is located in the Jewelry Mart in the South of Market Area. First off, they do a lot of business with engagement rings, so they have quite a large stock of stones, as well as setting styles.

Secondly, ask for Katherine Chiljan. She is very knowledgeable and was extremely helpful to me, even though I did *not* end up purchasing my stone there (see some of my earlier posts for why). Each time, I came in to look at stones, she was very accomodating to any requests I had, including stones for comparison purposes. When I requested Sarin numbers for a stone, she returned my call within 15 minutes with the Sarin numbers (which I found rare for B&M stores; online stores were much more willing with this type of information). She also provided an H&A viewer as well as a Gemscope on my request. She has also mastered the lost sales art of being around when I need help but not hovering either.

If anyone does use this reference, please tell her that she was recommended by Joel Tchao (me!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results