shape
carat
color
clarity

San Franciscans- Help us! We''re all over the place...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, Mass, San Diego, now San Francisco.

FI and I are desperately trying to accomodate everyone''s preferences for our wedding while still making it us. My parents want it in MA, his in San Diego, and to make it more of a pain, we''re all paying part of the costs, so we aren''t tied to one place.

We haven''t found a ceremony location in MA or San Diego that really made our hearts sing, so we are thinking screw the parents, we''re doing it in San Francisco.

We lived there last summer and LOVED it. Hopefully going to be moving there after our degrees are finished.

IF we go this route, we were thinking of having our (tiny) reception at Greens Restaurant near Fort Mason park. So I was wondering if anyone knows of any great CEREMONY locations near there? Preferably something within walking distance and outside is preferred.

Does anyone know about the regulations for getting married in the parks there???

THANKS!!!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
The Palace of Fine Arts!!! It would be perfect!

I don''t know if its walking distance, but its not very far. Its outdoors of course and gorgeous. The fee is $250 for the first 2 hours and $50 for each additional hour. Plus, you''d probably have to rent chairs if you want them.

Here''s a link to the SF Recreation and Parks Dept. It has info about the permits you would need.
http://www.parks.sfgov.org/site/recpark_index.asp

Good Luck! Your wedding is going to be FAB!
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Goldenstar! Unfortunately, it says it''s currently closed for renovations. It will open in 2008...so hopefully it''s the beginning of the year???

The place looks great though! If you think of anything else please let me know!

I''m liking the SF idea more and more as I think about it...it''s more "us" than our other options...

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know what you''re looking for as far as style goes. There''s a Swedenborgian Church in SF that is a popular wedding location. It''s an historic Art & Crafts style church built in 1895. My best friend got married there and it''s sweet. Old San Francisco-ish in a beautiful nieghborhood, Pacific Hieghts.

http://www.sfwedding.org/

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
we had our renewal in golden gate park... on the spot he proposed :) It was beautiful but not the most convenient spot LOL there are other, nicer, places to reserve in GGP but we wanted *that* spot.

man, I just looked it up, I think they built something on the spot
7.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 9:56:24 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
we had our renewal in golden gate park... on the spot he proposed :) It was beautiful but not the most convenient spot LOL there are other, nicer, places to reserve in GGP but we wanted *that* spot.

man, I just looked it up, I think they built something on the spot
7.gif

Oh Cehra! I am so sorry! They''re always building new buildings on good spots... What are your favorite spots in GG Park if you don''t mind me asking?

FI is spending the summer out there with an internship again, but this summer I won''t be joining him.
39.gif

So if we decide to do this in SF, I''ll probably make one trip out there this summer to scout locations, so I want a nice list before I go!

THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results