shape
carat
color
clarity

Sams Club H&A Diamonds???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Starky

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone, I just went in to sams club and looked at the H&A IGI cert collection. I saw this one ring that looked very nice all the IGI card said was:
CT. 1.08
VS1
I
Excellent/Excellent
It also had the measurments of the diamond, but I did not write them down. It came set in a plat. shank and it was only 5,400? That confused me. It looked very nice under the ideal scope, but the price doesnt sound right. Does anyone know anything about sams club diamonds???
1.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i thought the ones by my house were rather spiff. that said, whyn''t you go get the numbers and report back? you might have a winner of a stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the price sounds right, but I''d be wary about whether an IGI cert was accurate.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starky,
I''d get those measurements, and have to say am a little wary of the IGI cert as well. But you saw it and it''s worth getting the extra info. Good luck!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If IGI certs are often one + grades off GIA/AGS standards on average, I might want to assume that the diamond could be a J/VS2, then I think the price would be a good deal, but not an amazing deal in my mind. Looking forward to the other specs if you can get them crown/pavillion angles would be nice.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
On high end cut diamonds, IGI often will have the crown, pavillion angles, etc. You probably have to ask to see the whole cert.

Starky

Rough_Rock
Hey guys thanks for the info. I will go back today and see if they have the full cert. I have a Leo 1ct. g/vs2 IGI cert, but after lurking around here I realized my fiancee got ripped off. 6,900+ for a not so pretty stone. My Leo is so deep that it looks smaller than other 1 ct. So since it is still under the return policy we have decided to take it back and prob. purchase from whiteflash. The stone at Sams club looks nice, but Its IGI so it could be off. I was looking at ACA on whiteflash.com and saw a J in color, I''ve seen an I in person can you tell much of a difference b/w a I and a J? I want to save my honey some money, were college students and I''d like to reduce the budget to about 5,500 at most. Any input you guys can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I don't think there would be a lot of difference between an I and J colour, particulary if they are graded by a good lab such as GIA or AGS. There are many many happy I and J owners here with diamonds which face up very white. You might see a hint of warmth from the side in some lights. If you can find one with flourescence which many here love ( myself included
30.gif
) that is said to help the diamond face up whiter still.

Providing the cut of the diamond is great, an I or J is a great choice. You may get some folk who are colour sensitive and prefer colourless, but if you saw an I and liked it, I doubt you will see much difference, if any in the J.

Have a look through this thread for opinions by J colour owners and pics, remember though that colour can't be accurately depicted on a computer monitor, but it might give you an idea.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/j-color-stones-in-platinum.24731/=

WF is a brilliant vendor, besides the ACA line, take a look at the Expert Selection too, fantastic cut diamonds which didn't quite make the ACA grade, but are wonderful cuts nevertheless.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
An ACA or well-selected J from whiteflash will look beautiful!! J''s seem to be a great value for the money, but they do show a slight warmth from the side. However, they face up white. If you are currently fine with an I, I would think you would also be fine with a well-cut J. You might want to check out Mara''s thread on the show me the ring thread that is entitled something like "2.32 J at last." Her''s is an example of a well-cut J from whiteflash.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I got my H&A stone from Sam''s. I had it appraised and it checked out. It''s a beautiful stone and the plat setting is very heavy and well made. The only problem I ran into was that the prongs kept wanting to move around and I had the head replaced. I''ve since had the stone re-set and it''s very beautiful in it''s sparkly halo setting. I still wear the plat ring with a yellow sapphire. So I got two great rings from my one purchase at Sam''s.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
So, how many people have actually had an experience with an IGI stone in terms of the grading being lenient?

I have one. The cert was spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results