shape
carat
color
clarity

Same stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiehardSearcher

Rough_Rock
I love the information the internet can provide me, but have hesitations about purchasing sight unseen through it. I have been canvasing the Houston retailers looking for that perfect stone and am wondering how inventories work. I do not want to offend the local retailer with these questions so I hoped someone here could help.

1. While searching the internet (mostly Pricescope) I see the same stone listed by several retailers and so assume they have the same wholesalers available to each of them. Would the brick-and-mortars here in Houston be quoting me prices on those same exact stones (stones they claim they can have brought in in a couple of days)? Is there 1 giant DeBeers database or something?

2. In your estimation, what kind of a supply is there out there for this type of stone. I really don't know whether there are 20 or 20,000 similar stones waiting for me to compare.

Here is the one in question (All the info quoted by internet and local store):
Cert: GIA
Carat: 1.79
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Symmetry: VG
Polish: VG
Culet: None
Depth: 60.2%
Table: 60%

Thanks!
Yeager

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes you are right they all are telling you about the same stone, you just have to pick the one company that gives you the best deal on that particular stone.and if you are purchasing over the net make sure that you are buying from a legitimate co.

buydiamonddirect.com
diamondsman
:read:

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
It is the same stores shared among several online dealers, but your local dealer will 90% chance have their own collection that they buy a bag at a time. So no, they will not be selecting from the same stones you see online. My advice -- buy online. I just did it with niceice.com and after the experience I will never consider buying from a local store. Never. There is zero hope of them being able to do as well for me as I did myself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results