shape
carat
color
clarity

Same stone - low versus high setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I like the high setting too.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the pictures from the same angle. I have to say...I like the curviness of the low setting but I don''t like the profile of it at all. I prefer the profile of the high setting.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad you''re happy with your new setting. I just finished writing something about everyone having different taste in the "bulgari trauma" thread, so I won''t go through the whole thing again. That said, I prefer the low setting. It''s more elegant and understated, which is MY taste. I do think that your diamond "pops" more in the new, high setting, makes it look even bigger
1.gif
. Enjoy your new setting!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I like the low setting better. It makes the ring look more substantial somehow. Lovely setting head!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I have the high setting and I love it. (Although, I've never really considered my setting high. It sits pretty low and doesn't give me any problems.) However, I also think that the low setting is gorgeous. Sometimes I think about changing my setting to the low one, where the prongs are more flowy. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. It is nice to get someone's opinion who has had both settings.

Gorgeous ring, Groovy Chick!

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
Add another one to the list of loving the higher set diamond. I feel like the lower setting just sucked the diamond down. But the higher makes more of a statement to me.
4.gif

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
Yeah I know what you mean about "sucked the diamond down". My old setting just made it look squat from the side. You could hardly notice I was wearing a ring let a lone a whopper! Lol! I''m sure my diamond sparkles more now too, although it''s probably just my imagination.I love the new shape of the setting because it frames the shape of the diamond and emphasises it.

:)

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I like low settings, but I prefer your new high setting to the other one. Actually I like it quite a bit more -- the other looks a bit squashed, for lack of a better word.

Enjoy your new setting. It''s lovely!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 6:07:15 AM
Author: lumpkin
I like low settings, but I prefer your new high setting to the other one. Actually I like it quite a bit more -- the other looks a bit squashed, for lack of a better word.

Ditto. Now that I see the profile pictures, I like your high setting. The lower one looks too chunky in comparison. The higher one is slim and sleek!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both settings are pretty, but I just love the crown-like head of the low setting.

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
Well, it''s been almost a week since I got my ring back with the new setting and I just can''t believe what a difference it has made. I''m positive that my diamond not only sparkles more but also looks bigger. Like I said though, the pictures don''t really capture how ''squat'' the low setting actually was. Now it looks so elegant from all views. At first I was worried I might knock it all the time but that hasn''t been happening at all.

I am now, finally, 100% in love with my ring! I even used to wish I had a 2 carat stone but now I love my 1.5! It''s the perfect size stone on my hand

Cheers all :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 4:53:31 AM
Author: Groovy Chick
Well, it''s been almost a week since I got my ring back with the new setting and I just can''t believe what a difference it has made. I''m positive that my diamond not only sparkles more but also looks bigger. Like I said though, the pictures don''t really capture how ''squat'' the low setting actually was. Now it looks so elegant from all views. At first I was worried I might knock it all the time but that hasn''t been happening at all.

I am now, finally, 100% in love with my ring! I even used to wish I had a 2 carat stone but now I love my 1.5! It''s the perfect size stone on my hand

Cheers all :)
36.gif

And I noticed right away your stone "popped" more in the new setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results