shape
carat
color
clarity

Same Price - 1.04ct E VS-1 vs. 1.10 F WS-2 Which one to choose??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rookie911

Rough_Rock
After receiving 2 great responses to my first posting, I have immediately seen the benefit to this service. I have 2 rings that I am looking at. Both are around $8300. I am looking for advice on if this is 1) A good price & 2) Which diamond should I favor. The information is a follows. I have been told these 2 stones are considered IDEAL. (Also any thoughts on a 18K Gold Tiffany setting w/ a 6 prong Plat. head to accent the stone??)#1
1.046ct
VS-1 Clarity
E Color
N Flu
ID Polish
ID Sym
ID Prop
61.7 Depth
57 Table
34.9 Crown
43.2 Pav. Depth
M-SK-F Girdle
PT Cullet
6.46 - 6.53 X 4.01#2
1.107ct
WS-2 Clarity
F Color
N FLU
ID Pol
ID Sym
ID Prop
60.9 Depth
55 Table
34.1 Crown
43.2 Pav Depth
N-M-F Girdle
PT Cullet
6.69 - 6.74 x 4.09Any help would be most appreaciated.Thanks.

Rookie911

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for the advice. I too was leaning towards the second. I actually found the stone via the Internet w/ one of the companies that is listed on this service. The diamond is AGS certified with a crown of 15.0%, pavil of 43.1%, a culet of .7. The Sarin result was -0-. Is it proper to "negotiate" with the pricing of these non-M&B dealers? The price of $8300 is already a "cash" discount price. Thanks.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Rookie, it is always possible to try negotiating. Although if you find the stone and vendor through this site, it might be that there is not much room for additional discount at all.You also might want to ask for additional services within the same price

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rookie,Price looks ok if it is B&M store. In the Internet you could find similar stones for a few hundreds less.Both stones do have proportions within ideal range. What is the grading lab issued the reports?Personally I like data for the second one more - it's larger and has a better spread (smaller depth). It also has a little less crown angle that theoretically should make the stone more brilliant.You won't be able to see difference in color and clarity with the naked eye anyway. However it's a matter of personal taste...

Rookie911

Rough_Rock
When I run the angles, I get a 1.5 and when I run the % a 1.3. Both good scores. Should they be different?

Wizard

Rough_Rock
I'd go for the F colour, but it would be really nice to know the pavillion and crown angles to give a definitive answer.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi again,
I am with Leonid.
The F VVS2 scores around half the score of the first stone, and would be my pick.
If you can get pavilion angle and use the cut adviser you can check the visual performance yourself.
garry

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
They can be different by a little bit. Believe the angles in preference to the percentages.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Wizzard and CutNut
smile.gif
I thought it's the middle of the night down under...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results