shape
carat
color
clarity

Salt water

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
I’ve read salt water can damage jewelry, even diamonds. I’ve also read it can weaken solder points on gold.

What is the mechanism of action which causes this. My first thought is salt water we usually think ocean, the water moves aggressively and the movement of the tiny salt pieces against a piece creates an envioronmemt for damage.

I’ve got a few piercings from Maria rash. Quite expensive pieces. I aggressively soak them in salt water (Epsom salts) etc to get fluid out. I also teach Jiu Jitsu and in one instance I got a good knock. I’m at the age where I’m not training as hard as I used to and wanted some piercings I’d put off forever.

Any time I feel fluid start to build or any irritation I use aggressive salt water. I also have a small Spray bottle I use

Will leaving this sit on the pieces ruin them in time?
Or I’m wondering if salt water soak is maybe safer bc the water is idle idk???? I don’t want to end up damaging my pieces!

Thank you
D6C98D6E-14AB-48E1-8C82-1EFC819CF92C.jpeg
I’ve shared a pic and on the blue one you can see a bit of salt residue from spray a few hours before

I’d like to be able to continue to be very aggressive as they are healing very well

Last edited:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good question. I have multiple cartilage piercings too and from time to time, they get irritated cuz of sports.

Since my piercings are over a year old, and not fresh ones, I dab a qtip soaked in a tea tree oil/water solution right onto the irritated spots. It does the trick for me.

I only used salt soaks on fresh healing cartilage piercings.

I love Maria Tash pieces!

Attachments

• PXL_20240118_105640599.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240118_105640599.MP.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 10

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
Those look great
I should try tea tree or oregano I used to use that a lot. I wonder if either is abrasive to the stones?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results