shape
carat
color
clarity

Sally (Etsy) has a new setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Did you guys see Elixir? It's a variant of Lotus for a square stone.

What do you guys think? I'm possibly considering resetting my blue tourmaline (the one in my av) into this (and having her add the cathedral-like swoops, like on her Lotus).

Link

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMHO, not a fan. It sits kinda high and looks awkward to me.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2009 10:27:19 PM
Author: TravelingGal
IMHO, not a fan. It sits kinda high and looks awkward to me.

I agree. I wonder if it''ll help if the cathedral swoops are added? I was looking at the Lotus and without the swoops, it also looks really high and not as pretty - although I think the Lotus is overall more organic and less boxy than Elixir.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I saw that when it was first posted, I''m on the fence about it. It does seem a little too high.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
BEG, it is kinda high, but I don''t see why she can''t lower it. She seems to be able to customize her pieces pretty well.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
It's not my favorite of hers but maybe she can lower it and incorporate cathedral sides.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t really like the blockiness of it. What I love about the Lotus is how streamlined it looks, so I''m not sure about Elixir.

I really need a new setting for that tourmaline.
3.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Not my favorite either
7.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I like the look of it, but I''m afraid that I would bang it around.....

Lori

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Lori, I would probably bang it around too. It sits too high for my taste.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very blocky and high, which surprises me since her other lotus setting is very delicate and feminine. Perhaps one of you ladies who are familiar with her can suggest this? I’d love to get a square setting from her for one of my coloured gemstones.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes it looks too high for me as well. I''m sure she will make changes if she gets that feedback from people who have actually seen the setting.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Personally I''m liking the look, and the fdl style design on the sides is quite lovely -
however I do agree it will sit too high for most.
I wonder if it can be customized to take away the swoopy base bit, and sit close to the band
such at the pillbox does, perhaps still with that "disk" of metal in between
so as they can still be stacked.

I''m sure Sally will happily customise - if anyone is keen I can ask her/put forward the suggestion?..
as I''m convo''ing her for something else atm..

So removed these bits (even though they are pretty)
2.gif

elixir sally.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
and just have the disk like in the pillbox (which I don''t find too high when wearing, but is also
available "sans-disk"
2.gif
)..

what do you guys think?

DSC04007edit sally.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''ll be a big improvement to have that 4 "pieces" removed and the basket sitting directly on the disk.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Sally has another new design. She''s not posted it on Etsy yet, but she has sent me a couple of pics of a new design she has done in 14k gold

It is similar to the pillbox, with filigree around the sides, however they are less of a bezel style, with claws holding the gems in place.

I''ll ask her if she minds me posting the pics on here

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
The setting looks awkward to me, like it was hastily done. In one of the shots it even looks unfinished, but that may be the angle. I personally don''t like it - her Lotus is so much more smooth and flowy. I think I would like it better without those four little pieces holding it up higher though.

dc sparkles

Rough_Rock
Hi, another Sally fan here, finally got motivated to sign up. I see the listing says the ring sits 1/4" above the finger, so it can''t be tooo high, right? I rather like it, quite a lot actually, especially the pretty swoopy bits underneath. It''s different than the Lotus, but I really like it for a square stone, love the basket.

I wonder if the height looks off in the angle of that photo - this one looks lower..

elixir23.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 12:18:01 PM
Author: Chrono
It''ll be a big improvement to have that 4 ''pieces'' removed and the basket sitting directly on the disk.

I think so, too. It looks a bit awkward, as is.

Sapphire- oooooh what does Sally have up her sleeve?
1.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if I like this setting, maybe the stone''s girdle (is that right term??) needs to be set lower, also I am not keen on the 4 metal bits that''s propping up the basket.

She has a new setting up, the Christie ring! Another square stone setting, I prefer this one more.
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results