shape
carat
color
clarity

Safest setting for pear shaped diamond and more questions

JerseyGirlOC

Rough_Rock
My 3/4 caret pear shaped diamond fell out of it's setting yesterday and I can't find it. I've turned the house upside down, so I have to believe I lost it when I was out. It was in a white gold solitare setting with 2 baguettes on either side. I had it reset in it's current setting a year and a half ago. Before that it was in a platinum tiffany style solitare and previous to that a yellow gold tiffany solitare with a white gold head. Thinking back, I do remember banging it really hard a month or so ago. I looked at it and it looked fine to me and I forgot all about it until the stone fell out.

Luckily, I have a jewelry rider on my homeowner's insurance. I called today and am waiting for them to call back and let me know what my next step is. I am assuming they will replace the diamond. My husband thinks I need a more secure setting. Is there something more secure than the solitare type setting. The most recent one had the V-tip and four other prongs. He feels so bad that I lost the diamond, that he says he'll pay the difference to upgrade to a carat. :lol: Do you know if that's possible to do with an insurance claim?

Possibly another shape would be safer, but I LOVE the pear shape. Are any shapes safer than others? What I really want is to find my diamond, but I think that's a hopeless cause.

Thanks in advance.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results