shape
carat
color
clarity

Safer Radiant Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emkinmd

Rough_Rock
I have heard that radiant cuts can be more fragile than others and was wondering if there is a preferred setting style for someone who is hard on their hands? My boyfriend wants me to get something that really shows off the stone, which I have to say is amazing, but I am wondering if a halo setting would be better or at least one that is not set as high as some settings are. I have an 18k wrap ring that I have has for years and have caught it on all sorts of things too many times to count. Luckily it does not have a 2.7 carat stone in it!

I want to do the stone justice but I also do not want to look down and discover it is no longer in my ring!! I am also wondering if there are styles that are more comfortable...

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Setting a diamond lower, closer to the finger, does save a stone from as much potential damage and decrease the chance for it coming out of the mounting. A bezel is usually a lower style of setting, but won''t show the stone off like you seem to want to do. A 2.7ct is large enough to show anyway, but you might not be happy with it hidden in a bezel Wide prongs and a wide ring will give some degree of protection. High, thin prongs will be the weakest option. A really good jeweler can give you a lot of personal assistance. See if you have a manufacturing jeweler who will work with you and your special needs before deciding all alone. Expert advice will be good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results