shape
carat
color
clarity

Safe recommendations

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
I'm posting here because you are my people. My local jeweler got on my case when she found out that I'm keeping my things in a cabinet. She believes that a safe is a must. Some of my things are insured, but not all, and a lot of them are family heirlooms with a lot of sentimental value. Do you all have safes? If so, which ones do you recommend? TIA!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
No. And the only reason I bother to keep my pieces in a box is because otherwise the cat steals them from the desk and I find him in the morning playing with them in the middle of the living room.

But then again, I don’t expect anyone to just invite themselves into my home and steal my stuff. If I lived in place where I didn’t feel safe, I’d probably think otherwise.

But then again, robbers just pick up and carry off the whole safe, you know… I imagine this is why many people here prefer a bank deposit safe box.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
@Avondale true about the cat lol. I don't have any - my H is allergic - but my brother has 4, so when I go stay with them, I have to hide my stuff. My sister in law warned me that their orange male cat LOVES jewelry. The shiner, the better. I wear my jewelry everyday, so a bank deposit box is not very practical

elizat

Ideal_Rock
So, it could be coincidence, but after I bought a safe at an old house and had it installed, I had a break in. Never before in the 10 years at that house and the neighborhood didn't have issues. I still have the safe, but have not floor mounted it again.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I've always been afraid that someone would just pick up a small safe and steal everything I have, so I keep mine in a 5 ft tall gun safe. It sounds over the top but it houses other things that mean a lot to me, not just my jewelry box.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results