shape
carat
color
clarity

Safe place to get ring resized?

lattelove

Rough_Rock
I wear approximately size 6.5 or 6.75 and my engagement ring is 7.5 because my husband never measured my size before buying a ring. He bought it from James Allen.

It’s been over a year so we don’t qualify for free resizing with James Allen. I would prefer to have my ring resized locally instead of shipping it across country and waiting 3 weeks, but I don’t know who is credible locally.

The idea that some jeweler might swap out your diamond or damage the ring in some way has made me not get it resized all this time.

How do you know a local jeweler is trustworthy? I’ve only looked locally on Yelp and honestly the review system there is no guarantee.

Sorry for the silly question.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s not a silly question - having something you love and cherish be ruined by an incompetent jeweller is a valid fear and stuff like that can happen. Having the stone switched out I think is rather less common if you go to a jeweller with a good reputation. Use Yelp for this, google them for reviews, ask friends and family and also go in and talk to them. Get a feel for what they’re like and if you trust them. Look at the shop, is it tidy and well kept? Do they look like they know where things are when other customers come in for their own repairs? Do they have examples of work they’ve done that looks competent and well-made? And you do your own homework first too to make sure you can identify your own diamond yourself before you leave it with someone. Get a loupe (they’re cheap) and find the inclusions from your stone’s inclusion plot so you can recognise it if you’re looking while in shop.
Once you’ve found someone you feel you’re happy can do the work you want, get them to check the identifying marks and draw them out for you. A good place will be happy to do that.
If you’re comfortable naming where you are located roughly (city for example) other forum members can probably suggest jewellers they recommend.
You might want to ask the moderators to move this thread to RockyTalky - the FAQ forum doesn’t get a lot of active views

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results