shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where can I find a nice ruby, looking for a nice red with no hints of pink purple or brown

Amandas_Jewels

Rough_Rock
Good luck with that one! .....just kidding...
41.gif

First of all, you need to understand that a ruby with this color will be extremely expensive.
Your search for this ruby will take alot of effort. I beileve that fine quality rubies are one of the rarest gemstones in the world. And I don''t even know where to start lol
26.gif

Let''s get back on topic here.
20.gif
Check out these websites. Let me know what size of ruby you are looking for, etc. And I shall help you on your quest.

http://www.ruby-sapphire.com/ruby_connoisseurship.htm

http://www.simplysapphires.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?action=serve&item=rubycrwv176.html

colorchange

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi,

It depends on the size you are looking for !
Typically 1 to 2 Ct may be found rather easily (nothing as easy as a sapphire or diamond of course).
It depends also on the price and wether you would accept only vivid red and just strong red would be ok ; and wether you care about heated/unheated.
It depends also on you perception of colors, I have for instance a red Ceylon ruby with a faint orange dichroism, is it a serious problem ? Most would see it as pure red !

Finding a good ruby is something quite hard, it becomes almost impossible over 3 Ct.

Amandas_Jewels

Rough_Rock
Ilovesparkles- That stone is sooooooo beauitful!
30.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2006 4:40:41 PM
Author:autumngems
Where can I find a nice ruby, looking for a nice red with no hints of pink purple or brown

At a shop truly keeping up obsessive standards! The worst of hair splitting money can buy...

Thinking of Pala Gems and Richard Wises' and Richard Orbach's Cerrypicked
9.gif

Sure there are others. Not nearly the whole world is online either
2.gif

Without a reputably perfectionist expert making the choice for you, well... rubies are rubies but you will have to believe your own eyes that what you see is red enough. That can work too.

riogems

Shiny_Rock
Did you see the ruby Graff recently bought? It was over $400k/carat I think.

Something just like that, right? Hahaha.

colorchange

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Take care when buying rubies, many sellers including in US sell glass or flux filled rubies without mentionning !
Now most Burmese rubies (95%) are flux filled Mong Shu, not unheated Mogok
28.gif
Specificaly ask for it and ask also "I will bring it to AGTA, will you refund certification cost if the stone turns out to be glass/flux filled or Be Treated", you''ll see the answers from many sellers are different.

Take great care.

And Mong Shu are just no better than Ceylon or Madagascar rubies, so you should not pay a premium for this, the big problem is that lab consider origin as a country so you won''t tell a Mong Shu by the certificate.
So trust your eyes, a fine Mogok ruby must be highly fluorescent.

TKC

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2006 6:54:42 AM
Author: colorchange
Take care when buying rubies, many sellers including in US sell glass or flux filled rubies without mentionning !
Now most Burmese rubies (95%) are flux filled Mong Shu, not unheated Mogok
28.gif
Specificaly ask for it and ask also ''I will bring it to AGTA, will you refund certification cost if the stone turns out to be glass/flux filled or Be Treated'', you''ll see the answers from many sellers are different.

Take great care.

And Mong Shu are just no better than Ceylon or Madagascar rubies, so you should not pay a premium for this, the big problem is that lab consider origin as a country so you won''t tell a Mong Shu by the certificate.
So trust your eyes, a fine Mogok ruby must be highly fluorescent.
I was wondering, what would be the cost of a one carat Mong Hsu ruby with very good quality overall, minor residue in fissures (TE1 only), pigeon''s blood color (I would assume probably if the color is graded by the AGL lab. will be at least 70% of red, 15% orange and 15% of pink). Any idea? Wholesale price? retail price?

zawmyonaing

Rough_Rock
adobe
dear friend,
mogok and namyarseik ruby are the best in the world.thai ruby are 50% with monghsu(also burma)ruby it must be heat treated(1 to 5% may be free from treatment).I have some rough and faceted 0.2pt to 2.5ct(it take morethan5yrs).

zaw myo naing
zanas gems
yangon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results