shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
My friend is looking for a ruby ring for her daughter''s 16th birthday this month. Her budget is about $300. Can you help???

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Eek, I''ve done some poking around for her, and I don''t know if this budget is reasonable. I wonder about a very thin 1/2 eternity in rubies? The full eternities are about $600, so maybe $400 could get a half??

Any suggestions on vendors?

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks SDL. However, she was thinking more of a "solataire" look. Any ideas????

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Oh not a misunderstanding at all!!! I was aiming in that direction too, as I thought that was the best option for the budget. But when I showed her the eternities, she mentioned a single stone as her preference.

Actually, I loved those links you sent. Have you used that vendor before SDL?

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Alphaimports.com
Rubies are on sale this month.they have nice looking solitaires for that kind of budget.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love those diamond and gemstone eternity bands! Aruby at that price is going to be tough at that budget but anythings possible. You''ll have to go with petite stone. There are probably vendors thats sell stacking style gemstones rings for that price.
I noticed Michael E. had a set of two small rubies for $750. Maybr he has some singles too. You could contact him through his site.

There are a few stones within herbudget on this site too.
http://www.gemfix.com/ruby1.html

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Good idea! It''s within her price range too!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Great find, SDL!!!! My friend is finding lots of things she likes on this site, and it looks like we could actually make her budget!!!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
San diego lady,
i really like the stack ring idea ,even for a 16th birthday...each special occasion or birthday a ring can be added(like a charm bracelet in the 1950s OR add a pearl necklaces in the 1970s-80s.) to the collection until the young lady says stop.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2008 12:03:31 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
This one is 349, but its pretty.. little pave ruby ring

It kind of looks to me that the Angara Website shows the price for setting only, ie: no ruby included...that would take most of these out of budget, no?

It''s hard to tell for sure, but I read through the page a couple of times and they are pretty specific when they say "setting", but they don''t really say "this price does not include the centre stone"....

just a thought.......might be worth double checking.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2008 1:32:39 PM

Date: 7/14/2008 1:10:24 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 7/14/2008 12:03:31 PM
This one is 349, but its pretty.. little pave ruby ring

It kind of looks to me that the Angara Website shows the price for setting only, ie: no ruby included...that would take most of these out of budget, no?

It''s hard to tell for sure, but I read through the page a couple of times and they are pretty specific when they say ''setting'', but they don''t really say ''this price does not include the centre stone''....

just a thought.......might be worth double checking.
I found this stone in create gemstone jewelry.. http://www.angara.com/loose-gemstone-detail.do?method=stoneDetail&sq=st-ru&pID=68218 and added it to the setting. I just used it as an example. There are several other rubies to choose from that are less cost than that I picked. It was just an example ;-)

WAY KEWL!! I didn''t know you could do that!

leggs

Shiny_Rock
I just realized the ruby solitaires were buried pretty deep in the alphaimports site, so follows is a link to a few....

http://www.alphaimports.com/mercado_search_result.php?keywords=ruby+solitaire&x=16&y=10

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a cute ruby and diamond 3 stone for $280. Link

Ruby3Stone.jpg

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Her daughter is very interested in a ring, and not another piece of jewellry. Her hands are very small, I am guessing a size 4.

She has looked at style, and likes this one. http://www.angara.com/shop.do?cID=1782&pID=82460.

I have emailed Angara to see if we can get the setting without the sapphire.

And my friend (the mom) has upped her budget to $500.

So any comments? Direction? Other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results