shape
carat
color
clarity

ruby ring-new band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missismene

Shiny_Rock
I have a lovely ruby ring left to me by my grandmother. It needs to be sized it is to big for any of my fingers.
I thought if it was not too much trouble I would have the band remade with a simple thin band and very small rubies possibly set in the gold. Do you guys think this would be complimentary or just a waste of money and overkill on the rubies?
I am designing my ering setting and bands with the jeweler and have found that I am really enjoying the process.
There are 30 rubies and the metal is 14 kt gold.
Let me know if you have any ideas and please fell free to tell me if its a bad idea and i should not do it.
I have really enjoyed looking at all your stones, lucky ladies!
A couple of pics to follow.

rubyfront.jpg

missismene

Shiny_Rock
Also this is my first time taking pics of a ring on my hand and uploading them for people to see. i tried to use the macro setting!

rubyonhand.jpg

missismene

Shiny_Rock
last one!

sideviewruby.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I think that ring is very charming and very of its period. If you change the band, you might end up with a pretty ring, but it would no longer sing out its history.

But you might not want to listen to me. I always want people to keep the old look--I''m sentimental that way.

missismene

Shiny_Rock
thank you for your honest reply. that is what i was wondering.
half of me feels the same way. i want to keep the vintage feel for sure.
my ering is an old oec. i love the vintage setting and look as well.
after i took the pics i kept looking at the ring and thinking how i really kind of liked it as is...

thanks!

missismene

Shiny_Rock
earrings to go with the ring.
i am just learning to take jewelry pics, and my jewelry needs to be cleaned!
anyway, should i use a flash when taking indoors?
the first one is without.
i love these earrings for some reason.

ruby earrings2.jpg

missismene

Shiny_Rock
another pic (on the laptop.)

ruby earrings1.jpg

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
It will cost you FAR more than the ring is worth to remount all of those stones. I think it would be best to just resize it.

missismene

Shiny_Rock
last one.

ruby earrings3.jpg

missismene

Shiny_Rock
I completely agree. If any change were made it would be to the band. But now I am thinking not. Just re size it.
Thank you,

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I really like the way the ring looks. It''s very unique and special. I don''t think there are very many that looks like that one. It''s lovely..

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I vote for leaving everything the way it is because it's historically accurate and very pretty!
36.gif

missismene

Shiny_Rock
I am just having it sized. Am leaving it in all its glory! Thanks for commenting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love those earrings, the scrollwork and all. I too vote for leaving the ring alone (as much as possible).

missismene

Shiny_Rock
Once I put them on i wear these earrings for days on end, besides while sleeping. I love them.
glad you like them too, thanks.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 12:16:37 PM
Author: missismene
I am just having it sized. Am leaving it in all its glory! Thanks for commenting.
I''m glad you left it alone! I dismantled a ring from my grandmother and have regretted it since.
14.gif

The earrings are gorgeous too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results