shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby from Tadjikistan, your thoughts?

Libertad

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

What are your thoughts on this 2,9 ct ruby from Tadjikistan? The color is Pinkish-red. I know that red ones have more value, but I was searching for pink or fucsia stone. It is semi-transparent from my point of view and goes with Swiss lab certificate saying that it is not heated natural ruby. What is the price range for this kind of stones?

Other opinion which I received that the stone is from Madagascar, since rubies from Tadjikiatan are not suitable for cut 35B1DDDF-A23B-432A-8FCA-9C5ACB5CF99F.png FCEED51A-92FD-4AFB-8638-2C0A412B49A7.jpeg 14F0FC03-0DFD-4FBC-8F0A-41685B062FC1.jpeg FCEED51A-92FD-4AFB-8638-2C0A412B49A7.jpeg

Attachments

• 4567CF98-AF8C-4301-B97F-D1C58941B8E0.jpeg
    4567CF98-AF8C-4301-B97F-D1C58941B8E0.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 1
  • A2B5815C-4602-410D-8DFF-DC18DC091A58.jpeg
    A2B5815C-4602-410D-8DFF-DC18DC091A58.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 4

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Was it cut & pasted into the setting? Do you have a photo of the stone without it?

Libertad

Rough_Rock
I already bought it as a ring, the only photo I found was from the 5E920B8D-915A-42E8-8EC1-2F867B6C8B33.png certificate, it has brilliant/step 3 cut. Don’t know if this photo will help

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Something seems off with the photos and shape of the stone. Can you request more photos?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I right in thinking the Ruby is not from Madagascar and NOT Tajikistan as stated in the thread title?

DK :confused:

Libertad

Rough_Rock
Am I right in thinking the Ruby is not from Madagascar and NOT Tajikistan as stated in the thread title?

In the Swiss lab certificate it says that it is from Tadjikistan, but some folks told me that they never saw rubies from Tadjikistan, they do not exist in the market due to the fact that it is impossible to cut them. So I am still confused

Libertad

Rough_Rock
Something seems off with the photos and shape of the stone. Can you request more photos?

I think it won’t be possible because it is already set in the ring

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea on price range, sorry!

The colour is nice to me personally, however, it is too included and wonky for my liking.

DK :))

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color. Is that your hand in the first photo or are you still waiting for it to arrive?

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
Swiss lab? Others? What?

Libertad

Rough_Rock
I love the color. Is that your hand in the first photo or are you still waiting for it to arrive?

Thank you! I’ve got it already from Catawiki auction and since I am not an expert in rubies, just wanted to ask an opinion here.

Last edited:

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock
In the Swiss lab certificate it says that it is from Tadjikistan, but some folks told me that they never saw rubies from Tadjikistan, they do not exist in the market due to the fact that it is impossible to cut them. So I am still confused

Not sure where you got that information but it is completely false. Tajik rubies are not uncommon and can be faceted just like rubies found anywhere else, depending on the quality of the individual stone

Libertad

Rough_Rock
Not sure where you got that information but it is completely false. Tajik rubies are not uncommon and are faceted just like rubies found anywhere else

Thank you! From one gemological forum… they told me that tajik rubies are very “tense” and not suitable for jewellery because it is impossible to facet them.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! From one gemological forum… they told me that tajik rubies are very “tense” and not suitable for jewellery because it is impossible to facet them.

Not sure what "tense" means, too included perhaps?

Just Googled for them and could find cut stones available, so they are not rare.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So you bought a ruby ring, correct? The problem with the photos is that the edges are very uneven/wavy and there is the black or shadowed area at the bottom making it look photoshopped.

And you have a cert saying it's from Tajikistan? Or is the origin purely conjecture on the part of various people?

If you bought it, you know the price. Are you looking to sell it or see if you paid a fair price? It's unheated and a large size, so that ups the cost. The color is the same as a few stones I have that were certified as a sapphire.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color is the same as a few stones I have that were certified as a sapphire.

That +1 - more a deep pink Sapphire than a Ruby to me too.

However, I like the colour as already mentioned.

DK :))

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I have seen rubies from Tajikstan. So is possible to be from there. But personally this is too included for me so I would skip.

If you enjoy pinkish rubies, then the color is quite nice. And I like that it is certified unheated by GRS. The ring is also gorgeous. But, yeah, it's quite included. So maybe you'll have to take another look at your budget and see if you can up the clarity grade with everything else being equal, or perhaps you may have to compromise a bit. I'd say this is probably the quality of ruby you'll find in your average jewelry store (except those are often heated or worse). Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results