shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby for engagement ring

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
is it maybe a bit included for an engagment ring?

also I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to rubies but this one seems to have definite areas of red and or pink... would be interesting to see how it looked in person

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1) It's very very very included - even the seller lists it as I1/I2

2) It has lots of black inclusions that will show in real life and when the gem is set into a ring (they will actually be more prominent than the photo I think).

3) The inclusions are so much that you can't see any facets of the cut - not good.

4) I wouldn't buy anything from this Company unless I had seen a video or a photo that at least looks realistic

5) They are saying it's unheated (and it probably is) but I would still want a lab report.

6) The colour is the only thing I like about this stone. A little on the pink side but the overall colour is red. It's a good colour for the price.

If you're interested and could put up with the inclusions then I would contact Africagems and ask for additional photos.

eac

Shiny_Rock
The color is good, but it's extremely expensive for a stone with such poor clarity. If I was fortunate enough to have that as my budget, I wouldn't buy it - I'd ask the PriceScope colored stones board to help me find something clearer. Check the listing of colored stone vendors and good luck!

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
4) I wouldn't buy anything from this Company unless I had seen a video or a photo that at least looks realistic

LD, have you had bad experiences with AfricaGems' photography in particular, or is this just general skepticism about the accuracy of glamour shots?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I assisted a PS who viewed a spinel from Africagems and she found the stone to be not as pretty as pictured. That is as far as my experience with their photography goes. The photographed colour of the ruby looks great but I cannot handle such heavy inclusions to the point where I cannot see into the stone. I1/I2 is quite heavily included and not a stone I would wear everyday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results