shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby, Emerald, Pearl and Sapphire in the same ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maxxx

Rough_Rock
Hello all, I''m looking for a very unusual ring with 4 different stones: Ruby, Emerald, Pearl and Sapphire on the same ring. They should all be the same size or around the same size. Anyone ever ran across anything like this or knows where I should look for one? Thanks!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
You can get one custom made, but the pearl will have to be set differently. Is this going to be a mother''s ring?

maxxx

Rough_Rock
Nope, I was hoping it to be for engagement ring. I don''t care for diamonds and these stones mean a lot more to my baby.

How does the pearl have to be set? I was hoping to have all 3 stones the same size and I guess I will be limited by the pearl?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Pearls will sit up a lot higher than gemstones of similar diameter. I would really advise against getting a pearl in an engagement ring, they''re really pretty delicate. Even emeralds are on the more delicate side as well. Sapphires and rubies are a fairly safe option though.

I''d just pick her favorite stone and make a ring with that. Have eternity bands made with the other stones so she can swap them out as she pleases if you want to incorporate all 3 stones.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Kismet. Pearls get scratched, cracked, and otherwise worn down very fast if they are worn casually daily. For an engagement ring I would really choose just one stone - preferrably the sapphire, as it is the strongest - and get the rubies and emeralds in eternity bands to wear as wedding bands she can swap out. If you must get her a pearl, how about a necklace? It can be your wedding gift :)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If these gems have significance to your girlfriend then it would be nice to make a special piece of jewelry with those stones in it. I also second that that piece of jewelry not be the engagement ring however, for all the reasons already mentioned. I had an emerald engagement ring that I love, but it also got kind of beaten up because I wore it every day for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results