shape
carat
color
clarity

rubellite from Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a rubellite cut by Lisa. I like it!

rubtour1818.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another view

rubtour777.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more

roubtour2323.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more

rubtour2222.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is really nice

rubtour111.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally unheated

rubtour555.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it

rubtour666.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it, love it!

roubtour1919.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa did a good job!

rubtourm1313.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for my "forks"

DSC00878.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and these...

DSC00879.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the oil on the surface, too...

peysagetourm1.JPG

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
sweet..color looks nice and vibrant

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it is almost red here

eoubtour2020.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a very nice day

rubtour1717.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you for watching

rubtour999.JPG

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a beautiful stone crasru!
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru,
Obviously, these are taken under various lighting. Do you mind sharing which one was taken indoors (or a combo light source) and the type of light? How about dimensions of the rubellite? Looks to be a flashy stone!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK...

All of them between 2 and 3 pm, Seattle sun

Nr 1 - inside the room, no artificial light, far from the window but some rays of light on the carpet, 2 pm
nr 2 and 3 - inside but close to the window, with sunlight getting into the room - I never get too much light because the trees are obscuring it; also I have to talk to the management about washing the windows
4 - 7 - at the wind, on white paper (see the shadows)
8 - inside
9 - widow
10 window
11 - do not remember
12- win
13 inside
two last at the window

The ones with more light on them are easily identifiable by the shadow; I never get much light in my room

I hope I made it all correct, but every one lying on paper was done at the window, each on the grey carpet - inside the room (I could barely get some sun but there was some)

No flash used

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Very nice. Enjoy it in good health.

Thanks,

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Such a yummy cranberry colour! Love it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rubellite looks very strongly coloured and bright in the indoor pictures. Pretty stone. BTW, what’s the ct weight and measurement? Does it become redder under different lighting?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not know much about tourmalines. According to books, they are not "evening" stones so I looked at and photographed it at daylight. It seems to get redder in diffuse lighting when there is some sunshine in the room but not too much. But I have to examine and photograph it in evening light. The main reason I bought it is because it is very intense and Lisa said it is not treated in any way. I have seen redder ones but they were clearly treated. At a certain point, the market seemed to be full of them and then they all disappeared in a day, it seems. The main reason I bought it is because for some strange reason, it reminded me of Mahenge and I thought I could pair them as a set when I came to setting the Mahenge.

I have to look at the invoice for the measurements.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the information. These new ones from Nigeria are lovely and since you are getting from a trusted cutter, you know it is unheated. I have a Nigerian rubellite myself and the colour really intensifies under direct sunlight and incandescent lighting. I have seen purple pink and reddish pink tourmalines with strong saturation that do indeed look somewhat similar to a Mahenge, especially if cut to bring out a lot of brilliance.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Amguy, Ma Re, Brandy, Smithcompton, Virgoruby, and Chrono. Thanks for looking and for your compliments!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2010 11:59:22 PM
Author: crasru
Love it, love it!
So tell me Crasru, do you love this stone???
2.gif

Very pretty!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2010 3:17:54 PM
Author: Chrono
Thank you for the information. These new ones from Nigeria are lovely and since you are getting from a trusted cutter, you know it is unheated. I have a Nigerian rubellite myself and the colour really intensifies under direct sunlight and incandescent lighting. I have seen purple pink and reddish pink tourmalines with strong saturation that do indeed look somewhat similar to a Mahenge, especially if cut to bring out a lot of brilliance.

OK I checked it under incandescent lighting since direct sunlight is something I could not obtain today. It definitely changes to a more intense color and becomes even brighter. I would say it is a couple of tones darker than Mahenge, very much like the color in my avatar, on the carpet or in my hand. It is definitely not red as the one someone here bought from Gene, rather pink-red. But it is very, very bright and clear. It is an eye-catching brightness, I might say. This is why I like it.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2010 6:32:09 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 3/18/2010 11:59:22 PM

Author: crasru

Love it, love it!

So tell me Crasru, do you love this stone???
2.gif

Very pretty!!

Yes, I do love it. In fact, it is my first (OK, third but the first one was too dark) real tourmaline. Now I understand why people like this stone.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty stone - did you say what you are going to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results