shape
carat
color
clarity

RT E-mail reminders - Spam or convenience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Leonid has changed the default setting so that any threads you initiate or reply to, you will only be contacted if you remember to click the little box in the bottom left hand corner.

I think it should be set by default to "subscribe Email" (wording should be "Notify Replies by Email").

I like to know who and when people have responded. I think lots of other people would also. Leonid is too polite """Two or three guys complained, but that’s enough. I don’t want to spam people"""

2 or 3 inconvenience hundreds!!!!! Can I break their legs, can I, please?

Votes please.
Garry Holoway 1
Cut Nut 1
All my staff 20
My kids 2
Step kids 3
Stepgrand kids 5

BTW
There is an option at the bottom of every email to change this setting, so spam control is easy and accessable.

Leonid replied to the topic: diamond question
Click here to view this topic on the Pricescope Forum
Click here to change your subscription options.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I'm pretty happy with having to click the little box. On occasion, I have forgotton to do so when I wanted to and wished that the edit feature would allow that box to come back up so I could click it. Does that make sense? O.K., remembering to click it now. :bigsmile:

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed this had changed also. I preferred it the way it was before as it is helpful to know when someone has replied. 1 Vote from me.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am not really replying - just dropped in to check the little box on the lower left (of the reply boox Rich).
Would you believe I forgot to even when it was the purpose off the thread!!!!

Nearly Sunday BBQ and red wine time Rich :)

Rook

Shiny_Rock
I'm with you Gary, I liked it the way it was before. When I noticed the change, I thought that I had messed up my account somehow. I always forget to check that damn box.

P.S. "grand kids"???

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely would prefer the box checked already for me, sometimes I forget to do it myself. Reminders via email are a fun break into the day, as long as people who wish not to have the reminders can easily opt-out.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely would prefer the box checked already for me, sometimes I forget to do it myself. Reminders via email are a fun break into the day, as long as people who wish not to have the reminders can easily opt-out.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Leonid:

Please revert back to the old way! I also didn't know you had changes things, and was wondering why the e-mails had ceased.

Many people posting for the first time probably won't know to click the box. They may be surfing the net and posting at numerous sites, and the e-mail will remind them to come back to Pricescope. During the day we get so busy, and may not remember to keep checking in - there may be a comment that needs a more immediate reply that sits there as the hours rush by.

I personally really enjoy getting the e-mails and seeing how the thread I posted in is progressing :)

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for voicing your opinions, guys.

Those who don't want this feature by default please speak up.

:)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I like to be notified if someone responds to a thread; however, once is enough. When I returned from NY, I had gobs of emails. Is there any way you could handle it like the other wayward forum. I receive one email and then do not receive another until I visit again.

I may be in the minority. I like the opting in feature.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to have some clarification, I saw the point of the original post was to see if people want the box checked for them by *default*, therefore opting them in unless they physically opt themselves out. They would still always have the option to uncheck the box and opt-out, correct?

Personally, if the majority like the opt-in as the default state, and you give them the option to opt-out, then I say go for the opt-in as default, with a blurb of text explaining how to opt-out, then you would definitely be covered.

Either way its a convenience to have the reply notice sent via email and its a convenience to even have the forum, so whatever you choose, I am fine with!

Also--for those who prefer to opt-out if Leonid reverts back to his old ways (:bigsmile:) with the default, or for those who don't like the mountains of 'reply to post' emails in their inbox, create a filter in your email and a new folder for these to go to. This is especially helpful when you know the subject or 'from' of an email and know that it will be coming in hordes while you travel or during a busy week etc. All the new mail with the specified subject or 'from' will go into that new folder, leaving your actual inbox free of clutter. I think even the freebie mail services offer some sort of filter feature.

:))

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Mara, you are giving me way to much computer literate credit. I don't know what folders are.

I really don't care one way or the other. I was just wondering if there was a way we can receive just one email from a topic instead of everytime someone replies.

golfer

Shiny_Rock
I like the email replies, but do not subscribe because I am afraid I will check my email at home and my girlfriend will see the email over my shoulder -- and then I'm busted as to buying her an e-ring.

But as a general rule, even though I like the replies, I think they should either be opt-in only (each thread) or it should be painfully clear when you first register the import of choosing opt-in or opt-out as a global option.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks very much folks for replies.

I still think it is better to keep it this way i.e. those who want notifications should not forget to check the subscription box :)

There is nothing worst than unwanted emails even if you can unsubscribe.

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
hi,

i beleive i was one of the "complainers" about the email notification. I think i have now changed my mind... When i complained, i was checking probably 2-3 times a day, and it seemd silly. now that i have my diamond, and am just casually checking, it gets a bit overwhelming, and i don't remember which ones i had read etc... so i will be checking the boxes more often. though maybe there should be a way to turn all email notifications on or off...1 box 1 time?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results