shape
carat
color
clarity

RSVPs bumming me out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 1:18:52 PM
Author: vetrik
I''m sorry you''re feeling bummed - I had the same thing happen to me and I remember feeling the same way.

We invited 122, and I''d always envisioned having about 90-100 people. We had a massive amount of unexpected declines, and ended up with 70 guests at the wedding. They were for all different reasons - someone who was a close family friend of some of my relatives got married the same night and they went to that wedding, we got married 1 hour out of town and to my old fashioned RI relatives that was too far, it was harvest season (farmers in my family), etc!

However, I can honestly say that I can''t picture my wedding any other way than it ended up, or with any more guests. It allowed us to stay in budget, and we were even able to add some last minutes additions to the reception because we were so under what we thought we would be spending on food (my reception location is known for their homemade cookies - we were able to add a cookie buffet for all the guests at the reception). Maybe there''s things you can add to your reception to meet a minimum amount and make it even better for the guests that will be there?

We were able to celebrate the best day of our lives with all the people that mattered most to us. We had a great party, and it was so nice being able to spend so much time with each of our guests. Our reception room seemed perfectly sized for 70 people - I actually think it might have been too crowded with more, although they said it fit 125. I''m sure your day will end up feeling the same way!

I missed this earlier, but thanks for sharing, Vetrik. It gives me hope that our wedding won''t seem as empty as I''m envisioning in my head and will still turn out to be a fun party. And of course, saving money definitely softens the blow a little more

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results