clarity

Royal Jewels

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Queen Max. and her Tutti Frutti

Tutti Frutti .jpg Tutti Frutti.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
BF says this a great photo and I can't help but agree with him! Nice lawn, too!
On a related note, the new necklace is a show stopper and looks like a scroll tiara off the frame

Thank you Prince and your BF! Would you believe I found that necklace at an antique store? I knew I had to give it a good home!!! I agree with you about the frame...it reminded me a little of the Swedish Connaught tiara. I ended up wearing it at the big gala event at my husband's workplace the week after I bought it!

mus.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I always find I am in the minority on Maxima's tutti-fruitti necklace. I love it! The mix of jewel tones...the reds, greens, blues just make me drool! It is definitely a statement piece! I just wish it had matching earrings...not too big...slightly dangling but no so much as to compete with the necklace.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
The Queen has a wide Tutti Fruti bracelet and matching necklace bought at auction, but that's not the one. This is a trio that Maxima likes wearing stacked together, but sometimes wears individually or with diamond bracelets. Each bracelet is set with a line of emeralds, rubies or sapphires interspersed by diamonds. They are like a mini version of Queen Elizabeth's Quintet by Cartier.
Here's a slightly better photo from Monday:
FB_IMG_1588370381706.jpg

And speaking of Maxima's bracelets, I can't miss one of her favourites - the AAAMW and hearts in diamonds, the Art Deco diamond bracelet (first worn on that special 02/02/02) and the 8 row seed pearl bracelet with diamond spacers and ruby and diamond clasp: jakarta-indonesia-12th-feb-2018-queen-maxima-of-the-netherlands-visits-M3YM1M~2.jpg
HRH Queen Maxima,
no bueno wearing pearls against metal bracelets...:naughty::naughty::naughty:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Prince and your BF! Would you believe I found that necklace at an antique store? I knew I had to give it a good home!!! I agree with you about the frame...it reminded me a little of the Swedish Connaught tiara. I ended up wearing it at the big gala event at my husband's workplace the week after I bought it!

mus.jpg

Yes, the Connaught is similar, as is the pearl and diamond tiara of Queen Maria Cristina of Spain.
This Danish sparkler is also very similar. Sadly, it's now with us anymore... EL7JT1XWkAApzBC.jpg

ETA - I must pay the second hand/antique shops a visit!

Last edited:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
You and me both! I remember the contemporary Tuti Frutti jewels in a jewellery shop in Venice and how I was drawn to these vibrant objects with their unique stones. I'm reminded of this trip every time Maxi wears hers.
By the way, I didn't love the Mountbatten bandeau in the V&A... Instead, I was neutral, but I still feel it's a crime, given my LOVE for Cartier.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My (not so good) pics of Edwina, Countess Mountbatten of Burma's Tutti Frutti Cartier bandeau.
October 2017, the William and Judith Bollinger Gallery at the V&A (aka Heaven).
IMG_20171008_145514.jpg
IMG_20171008_145530.jpg

im not a fruit fan but i do admire Queen Max's style
this however is something i almost quite like
not too many colours....ok you got me at bandeau

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is the Christmas colors of the tutti fruitti I don’t care for.
I like the chunky, random and carved gems design. There was a beautiful se I saw (not in person) where the tutti fruitti colors were in the blue family. Lots of various shades of blue sapphires, pariabas, moonstones, blue topaz, etc.Beautiful. I think it was a bracelet and necklace set.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Paying tribute to the NHS Nightingale North East

paid tribute to the NHS Nightingale North East.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
This week's episode of #TiaraTeaching was inspired by the treats we got in a drive through teacher appreciation event at my high school. The bundt cake made me think tea time would make a good backdrop!!
queen7.jpeg queen 8.jpeg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Just saw this pic on The Danish Royal House's Facebook pace and thought it's worth sharing here. Some of you will recognise the upper pic from Fred and Mary's pre-wedding gala at the Royal theatre in May 2004. Of course, they are celebrating yet another wedding anniversary in just a few days ❤

Screenshot_20200509-231613.png
(automatic translation)

FB_IMG_1589054682955.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
We are doing an online awards ceremony today, so I figured it would be good to combine that with this week's Tiara Teaching!! The cat is joining me...

! Awards 2.jpg Awards1.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's playful jewels as she leaves the hospital with wee Prince Charles Jean Philippe Joseph Marie Guillaume:
e8a14b6e1c2c7f21283ffbc696ea37899ad8968f.jpg

Such wonderful news during this crazy time! So happy for them!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you AGBF!! We wrap up online learning this week, so I will have one more Tiara Teaching post coming soon! ;)2 And I have a new tiara for it...the one I got for Mother's Day!!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At the Royal Windsor Horse Show 1982

at the Royal Windsor Horse Show 1982 .jpg at the Royal Windsor Horse Show 1982.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
We are wrapping up online learning this week, so today is my last #TiaraTeaching post. I made some last minute changes since I received a new tiara for Mother's Day! I love my family....

I also attempted to channel my inner Queen Silvia on the hair. It would take a professional to tame all the frizz, but I still had loads of fun playing with it! This tiara teaching insanity of mine has been a nice little break once a week from the craziness of coronavirus!

Queen 10.jpg Queen 11.jpg Queen 12.jpg Queen 14.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how truly lovely you look, LadyMaria! I can't beleve what a fabulous job you did in the back. I am sure that Queen Silvia has a great deal of help when she is pllacing a tiara (as do all royal ladies). The photos are exquisite. Thank you for the treat!

Deb

We are wrapping up online learning this week, so today is my last #TiaraTeaching post. I made some last minute changes since I received a new tiara for Mother's Day! I love my family....

I also attempted to channel my inner Queen Silvia on the hair. It would take a professional to tame all the frizz, but I still had loads of fun playing with it! This tiara teaching insanity of mine has been a nice little break once a week from the craziness of coronavirus!

Queen 10.jpg Queen 11.jpg Queen 12.jpg Queen 14.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, how truly lovely you look, LadyMaria! I can't beleve what a fabulous job you did in the back. I am sure that Queen Silvia has a great deal of help when she is pllacing a tiara (as do all royal ladies). The photos are exquisite. Thank you for the treat!

Deb

Thank you Deb! *curtseys* One of the other science teachers told me I need to continue tiara teaching next year...who knows....with some of the talk I'm hearing about what school will look like in the fall, I may well have plenty of opportunities to it!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
@LadyMaria, you look just like royalty! Beautiful tiara and I love your dress! You are gorgeous btw... brains and beauty! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results