shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Oksana Voevodina's ering and husband Sultan Muhammad V, the former Malaysian king

Oksana Voevodina Sultan Muhammad V, former Malaysian king .jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also love her ER. One of my most favorites!

Wasn’t it also the Queen Mum’s ER? I thought that was a nice gesture by QE2 to allow Charles to propose with it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing it was one of the Queen Mother's ring. Her actual engagement ring was a sapphire, but here's a pic of her wearing the ring that is now Camilla's!
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 11.24.36 AM.png

Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (eventually to be Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Consort and later The Queen Mother) was given a sapphire and diamond engagement ring by the Duke of York—which you can see in this photo taken at the time of her engagement. Later in life she wore a pearl ring in place of this ring. The Duke of York proposed to her three times before she accepted him.

ElizabethBowes-Lyon.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (eventually to be Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Consort and later The Queen Mother) was given a sapphire and diamond engagement ring by the Duke of York—which you can see in this photo taken at the time of her engagement. Later in life she wore a pearl ring in place of this ring. The Duke of York proposed to her three times before she accepted him.

ElizabethBowes-Lyon.jpg
she was so lovelly as a young lady
i think its important to remember all old ladies were besutiful once
prince-albert-duke-of-york-and-lady-elizabeth-bowes-lyon-wedding-london.jpg the-wedding-of-the-duke-of-york-and-lady-elizabeth-bowes-lyon-1923-BC1AAX.jpg elizabeth-bowes-ly_1878506b.jpg

Attachments

• prince-albert-duke-of-york-and-lady-elizabeth-bowes-lyon-wedding-london.jpg
    prince-albert-duke-of-york-and-lady-elizabeth-bowes-lyon-wedding-london.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 40

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wasn’t it also the Queen Mum’s ER? I thought that was a nice gesture by QE2 to allow Charles to propose with it.
i beleave so
he did love his granny
i always thought it was the Queen Mum's ER and i know she stopped wearing her original ER and started wearing a pearl in middle age but ive tried looking at pictures of her original and im not 100% sure its the same one ???? but i certsinly hope it brings Charles and Camila as much love and happiness as Elizebth and Bertie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i beleave so
he did love his granny

i always thought it was the Queen Mum's ER and i know she stopped wearing her original ER and started wearing a pearl in middle age but ive tried looking at pictures of her original and im not 100% sure its the same one ???? but i certsinly hope it brings Charles and Camila as much love and happiness as Elizebth and Bertie

No, westjenn was correct. The ring The Duchess of Cornwall (Camilla) received from The Prince of Wales is not The Queen Mother's engagement ring. Westjenn posted, correctly, that the ring The Duke of York gave to Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon was a sapphire and diamond ring. It is the one pictured in the photo I posted, although I acknowledge that one can hardly see it!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
but ive tried looking at pictures of her original and im not 100% sure its the same one ????

I posted about this above, saying that westjenn had been correct and that the ring Prince Charles gave The Duchess of Cornwall (Camilla) was not The Queen Mother's engagement ring. Here is some additional information on The Queen Mother's original sapphire and diamond engagement ring and a better picture of it.

"1923 - The Queen Mother & King George VI - platinum sapphire & diamond engagement ring
When the second son of King George V, Prince Albert ‘Bertie' first met Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (later on known as the Queen Mother), he was smitten. Bertie (who would become King George VI) first asked for Lady Elizabeth's hand in marriage in 1921, but she refused. Adamant that Lady Elizabeth was the love of his life, he refused to marry anyone else. In 1923, Prince Albert proposed once more with an oval cut sapphire engagement ring set in platinum and flanked in small diamonds. The King and Queen married in Westminster Abbey and went on to have two daughters, Elizabeth II (later on Queen Elizabeth II) and Princess Margaret. After the death of King George VI in 1952, Elizabeth stopped wearing her engagement ring in favour of a pearl ring."

TheQueenMotherEngagementRing.png

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I posted about this above, saying that westjenn had been correct and that the ring Prince Charles gave The Duchess of Cornwall (Camilla) was not The Queen Mother's engagement ring. Here is some additional information on The Queen Mother's original sapphire and diamond engagement ring and a better picture of it.

"1923 - The Queen Mother & King George VI - platinum sapphire & diamond engagement ring
When the second son of King George V, Prince Albert ‘Bertie' first met Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (later on known as the Queen Mother), he was smitten. Bertie (who would become King George VI) first asked for Lady Elizabeth's hand in marriage in 1921, but she refused. Adamant that Lady Elizabeth was the love of his life, he refused to marry anyone else. In 1923, Prince Albert proposed once more with an oval cut sapphire engagement ring set in platinum and flanked in small diamonds. The King and Queen married in Westminster Abbey and went on to have two daughters, Elizabeth II (later on Queen Elizabeth II) and Princess Margaret. After the death of King George VI in 1952, Elizabeth stopped wearing her engagement ring in favour of a pearl ring."

GREAT find! Love the close up of the Queen Mother's sapphire :love:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

thanks @AGBF
that's a real beauty (the photo and the ring)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results