color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 4:56:53 AM
Author: Josefine
and A-M

Previously I said tht Queen Anne-Marie looked perfect, but now I don't think so. The overall image was perfect of course, but the necklace with only four emeralds looked odd and was too much. Nice that the two sisters wore their twin necklaces, though. And honestly I hoped to see the ruby parure as it has the Danish colours.

Speaking of emeralds, what booch is HRH The Grand Duchess of Luxembourg wearing?
And speaking of Maria Theresa, she was an example how one shoudn't look - loose hair and tiara - No!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Something interesting - It appears that The Crown Princess of Denmark wore the top part of the ruby parure''s earrings with a drop pearl as pendant:

PPE10041581.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Not roys, yet glittering topic-connected - Dorrit Moussaieff, The First lady of Iceland, wore this impressive suit of rubies:

ETA: Jewellery experts, what do you thnk about this set - fake or real, rubies or not? If indeed rubies, then they should be of geat value!

PPE10041588.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Now we can say it...

Happy 70th birthday, Your Majesty!!! Long may you live!!!

Pic: HM riding in an open carriage and waving to th wellwishers today. HM''s wearing her mother''s daisy brooch:

98495844.jpg

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Pardon my ignorance, but who are carina, alexia and countess gunilla?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 3:29:10 PM
Author: laurensmama
Pardon my ignorance, but who are carina, alexia and countess gunilla?

No troubeles at all, Laurensmama. No one is obliged to know who they are, since they''re not the personalities you and many others here are used to.

Carina = Miss Carina Axelson, the long time girlfriend og HSH Hereditary Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. He is the son of Richard, 6th Prince of SWB & Princess Benedikte of Denmark, sister of Margrethe II.

Alexia = HRH Princess Alexia of Greece&Denamrk, daughter of TM King Constantine II & Queen Anne-Marie of Greece. Her mother is the youngest sister of the Danish Queen.

Countess Gunilla is the wife of Count Carl Johan Bernadotte af Wisborg (born a prince of Sweden & Duke of Dalarna). The Count is the only surving sibling of the late Queen Ingrid and thus uncle of Margrethe II. Via marriage the Countess is HM''s aunt.

Hope it''s clearer to you now.

Bobby

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
tonights gala
sonja

ma10201020101020.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
quueen of denmark

ma102010.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
and marie

ma10201020.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
benedikte

ma1020102010.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
mette-marit

PPE10041683.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
grand duchess M-T

profimedia-0056665073.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 4:54:48 PM
grand duchess M-T
I watched the videos with the speches of Prince Henrik and CP Frederik but could''n really make up my mind on what''s Maria-Teresa wearing. Help, please. Is it Joséphine-Charlotte''s wedding tiara?

Bobby

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
and victoria

19796959.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Two surprices by The Netherlands - the Peacock tiara and ruby pendant for The Queen and the new (?) small sapphire tiara on Maxima.
Mary''s third iara - first worn last year at P Henrik''s 75th bd - was a nice surprice also.
Matte-Marit looks fanatastic! The hair, the make-up, the tiara, the dress..I''ve never seen like that before.
Nice to see The Khedive tiara on Queen A-M. Any idea what necklace she wore/still wears?

Her full-length side-view photo of Princess Marie and Prince Joachim:

Ubehandletwebpix_536244f.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Coun Ingolf (first cousin of M2) and his wife Countess Susi:

Ubehandlet_webpix_536223f.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A bigger photo of Queen Silvia - nice to see her own fringe tiara again on her, the riviere is a classic:
BTW, last night Queen Silvia has worn the sapphire parure!

bd_fp_16.04_Silvia.JPG

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
bobby have you seen photos of silvia from last night?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Queen Sonja - small version of Queen Maud''s pearl tiara, a long pearl necklace, (diamond)chain and maybe a longer riviere than the ones she usually wears (maybe all jewels are from Queen Maud?):

bd_fp_16.04_Sonja.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 5:31:38 PM
bobby have you seen photos of silvia from last night?

Unfourtunately not. As you might know, The King and Queen arived later at the Theatre and thus photos of them weren't taken. I know that she wore the sapphires from The Scandinavian Royals Message Board.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
It looks that Queen Margrethe II wore a brooch that belonged to her Swedish grandmother:

bd_fp_16.04_Margrethe.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I can''t resist posting this photo of Mette-Marit and Hookon - very beautiful IMO:

Ubehandlet_webpix_536249f.jpg

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
great round of pics everyone
36.gif

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 5:13:10 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Two surprices by The Netherlands - the Peacock tiara and ruby pendant for The Queen and the new (?) small sapphire tiara on Maxima.
Mary''s third iara - first worn last year at P Henrik''s 75th bd - was a nice surprice also.
Matte-Marit looks fanatastic! The hair, the make-up, the tiara, the dress..I''ve never seen like that before.
Nice to see The Khedive tiara on Queen A-M. Any idea what necklace she wore/still wears?

Her full-length side-view photo of Princess Marie and Prince Joachim:
YES, I love tiara surprises! Queen Bea could have chosen a better dress imo. But it is so good to see her with the beautiful ruby peacock tiara. The small sapphire tiara on Maxima was first worn by Princess Margriet at the return banquet of the SV from Sweden. It is a necklace from the sapphire parure adorned with some diamond shape prongs from the wedding gift parure of Queen Emma. Imo it works beautiful as a tiara, but I hope that we will still see it in it''s necklace shape from time to time.
And Mary with the Midnight tiara again! I had not dared to hope for that. Last year it was announced that it was a loan from the jeweller, so I wonder if it was loaned again yesterday or if it changed it''s owner. The design is based on the Australian wattle flower, so the designer clearly had Mary in mind when he created this piece.
Also Carina Axelson surprised us with a new tiara. We will have to wait and see if it re-appears in the coming years. Right now it will be impossible to determine whether it was a loan or an acquisition.
We have seen some nice hairstyles this week, most ladies wore the hair up. Especially Mary and Mette-Marit had perfect tiara hair.
But what happened to the Swedes? The Queen only with the small modern fringe and Victoria with just a brooch when all the other crown princesses wear tiara? I like brooches worn in the hair, but please at events where tiara would be over the top.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Couldn''t agree more with you, Cordata!
You''re absolurely correct about the provenence of the small sapphire tiara.
I just couldn''t remember if Mary''s tiara was called Moonlinght, Moonstone or Midnight. That''s why I only called it third tiara.

Anyway, here are some more from today - Queen Beatrix wearing the Peacock tiara (first time in 72 years!), collet necklace and pendant, snake bracelet and another bracelet:

PPE100416114.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results