shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Earrings

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I woke up early to watch the wedding of William and Kate this morning and I have to say that I absolutely loved the diamond earrings she was wearing. :love: Anyone else lusting over them as well?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought they were beautiful, tasteful, and not over-the-top by any means. They worked will with the understated tiara, IMO.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, they were just gorgeous.

Krae11

Rough_Rock
The earrings were gorgeous! The dress was stunning! The entire ensemble was perfection IMO.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I love that vintage inspired fashion and jewelry are making a come back ! Hopefully it will be a trend thats here to stay. And I predict that there will be many copies of both Kate's wedding gown and jewelry available in the near future hehe :)

yiska

Shiny_Rock
Yes they were beautiful! Apparently they're from Robinson Pelham, never heard of them but I love the earrings!
earringskateap655_1883960a.jpg

Krae11

Rough_Rock
yiska|1304110295|2908207 said:
Yes they were beautiful! Apparently they're from Robinson Pelham, never heard of them but I love the earrings!
earringskateap655_1883960a.jpg
And the design was inspired by the Middleton family crest. Her parents had them made for her as a wedding gift.

Krae11

Rough_Rock
Hospatogi|1304109604|2908198 said:
I love that vintage inspired fashion and jewelry are making a come back ! Hopefully it will be a trend thats here to stay. And I predict that there will be many copies of both Kate's wedding gown and jewelry available in the near future hehe :)

I definitely hope so! I'll be having a wedding of my own in 2012 and that vintage look with sleek silhouettes is right up my alley. I absolutely adored Pippa's (sister and MOH) dress as a wedding gown too. So pretty!

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I was in Kleinfelds today for my friends dress fitting. She is absolutely overjoyed that Kate's dress is so similar to hers. Her dress that she ordered last year was inspired by Ivanka Trumps wedding gown but it very similar to the gown Kate wore today except she doesnt have such a long train and she chose a brighter white color . I never thought id like wedding gowns with sleeves but I have to say that if done well it looks beautiful !

Krae11

Rough_Rock
Yeah, a 10ft train may be a bit extreme IRL. But, I agree. When done right, lace is a beautiful thing. When made to look like a roily, not so much.

Krae11

Rough_Rock
Hospatogi|1304113421|2908227 said:
I was in Kleinfelds today for my friends dress fitting. She is absolutely overjoyed that Kate's dress is so similar to hers. Her dress that she ordered last year was inspired by Ivanka Trumps wedding gown but it very similar to the gown Kate wore today except she doesnt have such a long train and she chose a brighter white color . I never thought id like wedding gowns with sleeves but I have to say that if done well it looks beautiful !
Your friend's gown sounds lovely! Any chance she's a PSer who will post her dress pics?

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
No she isnt on pricescope but maybe she wont mind if I post a pic of her wedding gown :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the train. She's a princess... if anyone should wear a 10 foot train it's the bride walking down the aisle at Westminster Abbey to meet her prince.

Her earrings are gorgeous. I love that they aren't OOT. She'll be able to wear them a LOT. I adored the Cartier tiara too.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I was trying to get a good look at her wedding band but I couldnt see the design. :(

Krae11

Rough_Rock
Hospatogi|1304124668|2908348 said:
I was trying to get a good look at her wedding band but I couldnt see the design. :(
I think her wedding band was very simple, a classic yellow gold band. Royals all have their bands made from a tiny bit of Welsh gold (small mine, not available to everyone).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought her earrings were perfect. She was a very beautiful bride.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results