shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Crest Cut - or similar?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elmview

Rough_Rock
I would be very grateful for any help from your experts. I am trying to research and buy a diamond ring - aren''t we all! I have decided on the setting and took on board the Pricescope advice to visit local jewellers. I am looking to buy a square/oblong shape and saw one that was to my eyes gorgeous - called a Royal Crest cut. Does anyone know what this is most like - Princess, Radiant or Regent? I very much enjoy reading the many amazing posts here on Pricescope re cut, clarity, etc but every day seem to know less you are all so knowledgable! I am in the UK but am going to buy in the US.
Marny

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this it? Looks more like an emerald cut to me although I could not find a clearer picture.... This comes from WWW .
rolleyes.gif

RCR.JPG

elmview

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Valeria101, but it appeared to have more facets? We don't appear to have Princess, Radiant or Regent cuts over here. The saleslady said it had many more (!) facets than an emerald. I guess I will look at Radiants and when I find one will post to see what you all think? This diamond business just gets harder - the more you read and think you know the more you need to know!
Marny

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you going to order a selection of stones to see or have time to shop around and wait for "back room" orders in the US?

I have not found the number of facets for this one, but "more" is not necesarily better in this department...

For example, princess cuts come in branded versions with 100 ( the Princess Plus brand) facets or more - this changes the look and makes for an argument why would someone pay a serious premium compared to the traditional cut...

From what this picture shows, the stone has an unusual pavilion without the traditional table - so there is room for a few more facets - not sure what this does though. This is the only rectangular diamond with no table (the top looks like an old bridge arch) - enough to identify the cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results