shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Crest Cut Diamond-- Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dsroberts

Rough_Rock
we purchased a ring back in '96 that had a center stone with a royal crest cut. The only thing I remember about it was that if you held it up and looked at it from the side..it was cut on top like the bottom of an old timey rocking horse. I have looked everywhere on the internet for Royal Crest and can find NOTHING!

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Stacy

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Sorry Stacy - cannot find any info either.

Can you post a picture of it? If you don't have a digital camera you can use a scanner.

airjammer

Rough_Rock
If you are looking for the royal crest you can ask for one from MERIT. Merit is the only company I know of that supplies the royal crest. If you bought one from MARKS AND MORGAN a one cart should have cost you $6500. I work for Sterling inc, they own LEROYS, JAREDS, KAYS, and many others. You can request for them to get you a memo stone, but the royal crest is very rare. You also should know that there are two types of cuts, the square and the oblong or emerald cut. The going price for a 1.5ct g si1 is $10000.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 4/15/2002 10:12:08 PM

If you are looking for the royal crest you can ask for one from MERIT. Merit is the only company I know of that supplies the royal crest. If you bought one from MARKS AND MORGAN a one cart should have cost you $6500. I work for Sterling inc, they own LEROYS, JAREDS, KAYS, and many others. You can request for them to get you a memo stone, but the royal crest is very rare. You also should know that there are two types of cuts, the square and the oblong or emerald cut. The going price for a 1.5ct g si1 is $10000.
----------------

Do you have a photo of a royal crest diamond that you can post here?

Cayenne

Rough_Rock
I have tried to find MERIT. What is the company's full name? And how can they be contacted for ordering of this Royal Crest cut diamond?

The Royal Crest cut diamond is in my opinion the most brilliant cut today. I will post a picture of this cut next week.

Thank you.:appl:

royal

Rough_Rock
I didn't realize these were so rare. I have just bought a ring from a high street jeweller with two oblong royal crest stones in the centre. They are not huge and are part of a design with some regular bagette diamonds to the side but I love it, and you're right, when you look at the profile they curve upwards.
loopy.gif

royal

Rough_Rock
PS: What's a memo stone?

royal

Rough_Rock
What's a memo stone?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 1/31/2003 3:54:52 PM royal wrote:

What's a memo stone?
----------------

A jeweler can often get a stone in on memo from a supplier. He/she doesn't have to buy the diamond straight out for stock in his store. He can get it on memo for so many days and then return it if it doesn't sell.

naylchik

Rough_Rock
I have a gorgeous Royal Crest Cut Diamond (square/emerald) with six baguettes that also have the cut... I absolutely love these diamonds... I knocked the large diamond out of setting and have decided to have it remounted but am in fear of leaving the stones with anyone... I also would like 4 of the baguettes dropped into a man's band where you can't feel the stones... but can see them. What should I look for in a jeweler to do these new mounts? I am very discouraged about the store Marks/Morgan not carrying these anymore, at one time I wanted to upgrade but... that is impossible now... I get more compliments on these stones than anyone could imagine.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 1/31/2003 3:54:52 PM royal wrote:

What's a memo stone?

----------------
"Memo" is the expensive way for a dealer to "buy" a stone
9.gif

The dealer or store calls their supplier and ask for a diamond to be sent out "on memo" which means that they are borrowing the diamond in hopes of buying it... The cutter sends the stone out at a higher price per carat than they would actually sell the diamond for... Dealers like ourselves, GOG, DBOF, WhiteFlash, MWG, etc. who have considerable volume can memo stones for less than the average jewelry store can buy a diamond simply because of our large annual volume which is taken into account by the cutters in the pricing of every diamond that we buy... The reality being that when you "buy" several million dollars worth of diamonds per year, you are provided with certain priviliges not extended to the smaller B&M stores who may buy a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of diamonds per year... But the key is to be buying about ten times more diamonds than you actually "memo" so that the memo stones are the exception... When you walk into a jewelry store and ask for a diamond and they say "we'll have one for you in a day or two and they call you back in to look at the diamond and a black and white copy of the lab report, the odds are that the diamond is "on memo" because if they had purchased it, they would be showing you the original - unless the cutter lost the original which happened to us recently which left us playing with a copy of the lab report while a duplicate was ordered from the GIA.

lavignejml

Rough_Rock
We purchased a Royal Crest diamond ring from Marks and Morgan in 1999. I have searched the internet and stores for the wrap that went with this ring. I regret not buying the wrap when we first saw it. I have also searched for MERIT with no luck. Does anyone know where to find this diamond?

confused.gif

wenlefeb

Rough_Rock
I have a wrap that has 6 Royal Crest cut dimonds emerald cut of course. 3 on each side. I believe they all equal about 2 carots. I paid between 3000 and 4000 dollars for it well my husband did. And now I'm thinking of selling it. Does anyone have a good idea what a fair price is and if I should go to a jewler. I guess I should get it apraised!

Wendee

rock04

Rough_Rock
I also purchased a RC in 1996 and have found info. at Merit Diamond Corporation.
The Royalcrest is also known as the Millenium Diamond (Europe). Another site I found was www.goldsmiths.co.uk.
I hope this helps!
Karen
saint.gif

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
I would LOVE to see pictures of these stones - they sound very intriguing.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Now I'm really curious to see these stones. They sound intriguing, and it's interesting that this thread found so many owners of this stone so quickly.
1.gif
Can someone post a picture or two?

mr_eusly

Rough_Rock
Recently, my fiance took me ring shopping. I originally sought out to get a princess cut, but one thing led to another & the jeweler pulled out a Millenium cut or a Royal Crest diamond. I was in love! My fiance thought it rocked(no pun intended, he loves stuff that's intricately designed & 'difficult' to copy). The story we got was that it took years to design this cut & new tools had to be made in order to cut it. This probably means, that if you drop your ring off to get it cleaned, the chances of an old switcheroo is very unlikely. It is so beautiful. Its commonly shaped like an emerald, however, emeralds must be practically flawless since you can see through them, & since it has angles on the bottom, it is similar to a princess, but with the slightly curved top, it is in a league of its own!!!The curves almost reflect pixels & the light pattern that's refracted even has a design like no other. It really looks elegant & snazzy. I like being able to tell people that it is a Royal Cut. I know it was the only one the jewelry store we got it from had. I will try to take a picture, soon, to capture its beauty.If you are considering a rare find, look into this cut of gem. If not, keep it a secret. There is something reagal about having something others can't.

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a picture of one for those who are interested.

RoyalCrest.jpg

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A mall chain store in the United Kingdom called Goldsmiths have a large selection of this type of cut. They have had it for about 10 years now.

ddavies

Rough_Rock
This is from one that we purchased in 1997

Royal Crest 002 (2).jpg

ddavies

Rough_Rock
Part 2 the stone!

Royal Crest 001 (2).jpg

psnowbrd

Rough_Rock
I have a 5 stone ring that is a royal crest cut. I bought it at Helzberg diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results