shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Asscher

lillibear

Rough_Rock
Has anyone purchased a Royal Asscher diamond ring at Jared or Helzberg (when they sold them)? If so, how did you find the quality?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
From what I have seen RA strarted out being very well cut then went through a rough patch where they were only ok then went back to being very well cut. ASET or IS image will quickly sort them.

lillibear

Rough_Rock
Thanks Karl! Do most jewelers give you an ASET or IS image?

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Anyone who has a RA, please post a photo. I've never seen any other than on the website.

lillibear

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ace! That is a gorgeous ring.

Do you detect any tint in with I color in person? Jared only sells the I color with white gold, and I wasn‘t sure how much tint there would be.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
OMG, what a gorgeous Asscher! Did Leon Mege source the diamond? He certainly makes incredible rings.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ace! That is a gorgeous ring.

Do you detect any tint in with I color in person? Jared only sells the I color with white gold, and I wasn‘t sure how much tint there would be.

Thank you.

I'm not very color sensitive on colorless diamond so I don't detect much tint. I'm more into H-J person myself so I might be biased. Lol Of course these things will vary from stone to stone. I don't detect much tint on my specific stone.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, what a gorgeous Asscher! Did Leon Mege source the diamond? He certainly makes incredible rings.

Thank you!

No he did not. I got the stone from DBOF over a decade ago. They used to carry quite a few of RAs.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
What or who is DBOF?

Diamond brokers of Florida. I think they used to be an authorized dealer a long long time ago. Not anymore.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I got some pics of mine here:

OMG, I'd be shrieking if I weren't so tired. Worth committing a felony to have that.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Bumping this thread, has anyone bought a Royal Asscher from Jared, or even seen one that they sell? In my smaller community I expect they'd have to call one in, then I'd have to go look at it.
Any suggestions for buying one used would be greatly appreciated.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
What a superb ring! Thank you for responding after all this time. I hope your wife is still wearing it with health and happiness. It has no equal, in my experience.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome back!!

Thank you! I'm looking for another piece of jewelry for our 16 yr marriage, 20 together.

Thinking starting another thread!

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
What a superb ring! Thank you for responding after all this time. I hope your wife is still wearing it with health and happiness. It has no equal, in my experience.

You're welcome and thank you regarding the ring. Yes, all these 16 years she's worn it. Definitely not bragging, however, in all these years anyone who's seen it has never seen anything like it. Of people my wife has met along the way, people I've met along the way, we've never seen anyone wear anything like that either.
And, it is serving its purpose as I intended it, to be as unique and special as she is.

How is your search coming along?

Real quick on the Jared you mentioned... I don't know if it's on this website that I read it when I visited last week or so, but I read reviews on Jared, and they're really pretty nasty. However, I've also read recently that Jared has been taken over by James Allen, which, as everyone knows, has excellent reviews. So maybe the stuff I read about Jared was before the James Allen takeover. Please do not take my word for my comments regarding Jared, just be aware.
Now, lol, my comments and opinions regarding a Royal Asher, well you can take my opinion on that!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like big fun. Any idea what sort of piece you'd like to buy?

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
My search - thanks for asking. Last fall I bought Todd Gray's last Asscher, still in storage since his Nice Ice business. It's a modern cut but that's what appeals to me most. It took a long time to arrive at that conclusion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results