shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Asscher ?

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Are all Royal Asscher cut diamonds AGS 0 Ideal cut ?

What are the differences between royal asscher and the common asscher ?

Do royal asschers have to fall within a certain proportion criteria such as crown height ?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not aware of RAs being graded ideal cut, but they are cut to specific parameters and they have more facets than a typical asscher. I am not sure I would like the extra facets, but I have not seen one. I do love asschers, though, and have two.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've seen several RA. I like them. They look very nice, and the extra facets don't jump out at you or make it look less like an asscher. I'll admit that I like them best at larger carat sizes best though. But that pretty much goes for asschers in general.

I do not know that they are AGS graded though. I am pretty sure the ones I've seen are all GIA graded. And GIA does not grade light performance.

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Do you know what are the parameters ?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are in luck! There is an entire website devoted to the cut, and I'm sure they have a customer service department that can assist you with your questions: http://www.royalasscher.com/

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
thanks Gypsy , I haven't had any replies from 2 emails the snobs :wall: :confused:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
treasurehunter|1462340533|4026996 said:
thanks Gypsy , I haven't had any replies from 2 emails the snobs :wall: :confused:

Then call. A lot of people have problems with their emails. It happens.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Royal Asscher is a patented cut with a 3-step crown & 5-step pavilion, 74 (instead of 58) facets -- diagram here from the company web site:
http://www.royalasscher.com/en/page/72/cut.html

In 2009, they announced that the AGS lab was now able to offer Light Performance Diamond Quality Reports for Royal Asschers & AGS would be the primary independent lab used for Royal Asschers intended for sale in the US (GIA and HRD are the other independent labs they use).
http://www.jckonline.com/2016/01/21/ags-issue-royal-asscher-cut-diamond-reports
But I haven't seen any Royal Asschers in real life in some years, so I don't know what kind of follow-through there's been re the contemplated reliance on AGS.

NYC address & phone number for Royal Asscher of America here:
http://jckmarketplace.jckonline.com/en/Exhibitors/37487/Royal-Asscher-of-America

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another great post Molly!

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes, However I have also bought an Asscher cut from major sight holder in India that also had the same number of facets 74 however the crown height was low around 12 percent,

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
treasurehunter|1462343868|4027012 said:
Yes, However I have also bought an Asscher cut from major sight holder in India that also had the same number of facets 74 however the crown height was low around 12 percent,
Well, it's not a Royal Asscher if it doesn't have the laser-inscribed Asscher crown trademark/maker's mark & individualized authenticity certificate number -- plus the independent lab report number on the girdle (ETA the lab report, in turn, will make note of the RA insnscription on the diamond). And no RA is cut in India.

But I imagine you know that. If the reason you want to contact the Royal Asscher company is to ask for their "blue print" so you can easily commission knock-offs of the Royal Asscher, I doubt you'll receive a warm reception.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have a patent on their current design, so there would likely be legal action against anyone attempting to sell other diamonds as Royal Asschers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results