shape
carat
color
clarity

ROYAL ASSCHER VS. ASSCHER

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Balustroid

Rough_Rock
What''s the difference between Royal Asscher & Asscher cut diamonds?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Today square emerald is called "Asscher" in the trade.

Joseph Asscher invented and patented square emerald cut in 1902 there were different variations in faceting.

Today Royal Asscher is a branded cut with 74 facets. Company claims that they are consistently more beautiful than generic square emeralds.

You can get some information here:

www.royalasscher.com

www.asscher.com[/u]

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
My quick thoughts. #1 - I have yet to see an asscher that comes close to the mesmerizing effect of a Royal Asscher, although some are looking better. The older ones really just looked like square emeralds, while the better ones at least mimic the octagonal effect more closely. #2 - I really think that if you go with a generic asscher you've got to see it first. If you end up paying a premium for something that's supposed to look like an asscher and not a square emerald (the cheapest of the common fancy cuts), then you've got to make sure it indeed has as much of that octagonal look as possible.

QualityOnly

Rough_Rock
It's true, the newer or "Art Deco" version of the Asscher has more facets. Due to the cut, when you look into a quality stone, you are truly drawn "IN TO" the stone. This is unique only to this cut. The new Royal Asscher is truly mesmerizing.

After credit given the Royal or "Art Deco", the original Asscher Cut is undeniably much more elegant, classic, refined and original. It's the perfect blend of elegance of an emerald cut combined with more fire and color of a round. There is not a more perfect stone to signify elegance, grace, originality and spunk.

I vascillated between the two cuts of Asscher and am very pleased to now own an exceptional 1.52 D, VS stone. Elegance over flash wins every time.

I frequent jewelry stores to keep up with new trends. I also get my ring cleaned in every store (I'm obsessive about my ring being clean). Without exception, the store offers to buy my stone. Without exception. Something to consider: you're stone is only as valuable as the market demands.

The Royal might be the "newer version" of the Original Asscher, but as we all know . . . often-times the original simply is the best and can't be outdone. Michelle S. for QualityOnly

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 9/3/2004 3:04:01 PM QualityOnly wrote:

Without exception, the store offers to buy my stone. Without exception.

----------------
hmm.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, CaptAubrey, my thoughts exactly. Hmm....

RoyalAsscher

Rough_Rock
I first would like to thank you
all for your great comments on the Royal Asscher Cut
i trully beleive that some people realy understand the bueaty
of diamonds.

if you need any help finding your diamond
i think i can be of a lot of help
especially on the fact that i am the 5th generation
of the asscher family and working in our company
for more then six years allready
if anybody needs information or other inqueries
please let me know
on my personal message/email

best regards

Mike Asscher G.G.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results