shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Asscher questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shigeko1

Rough_Rock
Hello, my bf and I are going crazy trying to look on the web for someone who carries the royal asscher and we can''t see to find anyone. Does anyone know where we can start looking? About how much are we looking to spend for a 1.50 c royal? Our budget is about $15,000 for the stone. And finally someone told me that a 1.50 c asscher does not look like the same size as a 1.50 c round stone. They said that an asscher looks a lot smaller is that true?? Thank you very much for you help!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
royal asschers to the best of my knowledge are only sold by a few upmarket stores and they probably have a no www company policy.

Yes - asschers are very small for their ct wt

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/measurement-question.53663/ this recent thread is about radiants - but some of it is relevant.

In general an asscher will have a surface area 15-20% smaller than a round, and look 20-30% smaller, although they stand proud out of the top of a setting.

There are many nice generic asschers as the patent that protects the design expired about 60 years ago.

There will also be good and not so good Royal asschers

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d check out www.goodoldgold.com Jonathon does a great job in picking generic asschers. Royal asscher''s are extremely expensive. If your budget is 15K (which is a great budget), I highly recommend you look into a generic asscher. You''ll get a much bigger stone that way. I bought mine from GOG and am thrilled with it. HTH, good luck and let us know how your search goes. Another thing we request in helping you along the way is pics. We don''t go by specs alone. Happy hunting.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 8:51:29 PM
Author:Shigeko1
And finally someone told me that a 1.50 c asscher does not look like the same size as a 1.50 c round stone. They said that an asscher looks a lot smaller is that true?? Thank you very much for you help!
My asscher is 2ct and faces up at 7mm square. A 2ct round is generally about 8mm... so yeah, there''s a big difference in size!

When I ran 1.5 asscher through the PS Search, it comes up with about 6.5mm, which is the equivalent of a 1.05ct round (while a 1.5ct round faces up about 7.25mm).

If you''re getting an asscher, it''s not for the spread on your finger. Those of us who are true asscher lovers are the ones who couldn''t make do with another shape, even if it means sacrificing finger coverage!!

P.S. People may refer you to the Amazon.com chart of actual stone sizes, but don''t take this as "diamond law" because I don''t think that the sizes are entirely accurately represented (mine sure isn''t!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results