shape
carat
color
clarity

Roundtables - Richard Homer / Roger Dery

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Have you been to a roundtable? Someone posted a ring they helped their mom design with a Richard Homer stone. I fell in love and thought "I have to get to a roundtable!" Surprisingly enough the place they went to is about 3 hours from me. So I''m all booked for a Rchard Homer roundtable in December! :) WOOOO HOOOO!!! I can NOT wait.

Now - the guy at the store suggested I attend a roundtable prior to this one. Initially I was told that I had to attend one before I could get into Richard''s since he was so popular. However I sweet talked my way out that requirement as I had contacted Richard directly about this roundtable (months ago) and he told me who to contact at the store. So I''m good to go.

But. . . there is one roundtable that I would be interested in. It''s next weekend it''s Roger Dery. I don''t know if I can make the drive. I''d like to try. However, I''m a bit broke (ok quite a bit broke) right now. It was suggested that I learn how things work at a roundtable so that when I come in December I know how things work. I can''t imagine it would be that hard to pick up? How does it work? The thought behind going to the Richard Homer one (besides it being relatively close) is that I really really want to see concave stones in person. I''m much more comfortable buying regular faceted gems online but concave scares the crap out of me. But I don''t know if I can pass up the opportunity to meet Roger and see his stones in person at well. I''m overwhelmed. Help me decide what to do. I''d like to know how these things works. They are limited to a small number of attendees. That kind of makes me feel obligated to buy. Does that make sense? Of course I can''t image I could control the impulse to buy with all these stones at my fingertips anyways! But I just want to know if someone could tell me how they work/feel etc.

Thanks!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Chrono! That helped a lot. I found the link of the ring that prompted me to do this. It''s gorgeous! This makes we want to make the drive next weekend to the Roger Dery roundtable. I just don''t know that I can swing it. . . but I have a few days to decide. :)

Jeffrey Hunt

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Hoofbeats95.

You should go if it''s all possible. Nothing will replace seeing the gems in person AND being able to pick them up and handle them. You can also compare stones quite easily to each other.

Make sure you ask to see some of Roger''s Asscher cuts.

When looking at the stones under jewelry stone lighting they will all be all be quite wonderful. If you are having a hard time deciding, ask to take the gem outside or to a bright window for a natural light comparison.

One word of advice though, decide what you can spend ahead of time, put it in your pocket, then you can shop guilt free!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results