shape
carat
color
clarity

Roundtable ?

4_cs

Shiny_Rock
I have the opportunity to attend a gemstone roundtable. I have never been to one and wonder what to expect. I have looked at the roundtables on YouTube but would like to hear from someone who has been to one. The jewelry store that is hosting the event carries a wide variety of colored gemstones and I go and look whenever I am in the area. I have bought from them and have had stones set. This roundtable will be a specific vendor and from what I’ve read on here he is wonderful to deal with. I’m not shopping for any specific stone but if there is something special that catches my eye-well maybe. So can it be overwhelming? Intimidating? Fun? Please share. Thanks

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
By all means, GO! I'd love it if this burg were worth anyone's doing a roundtable here & yes, the vendor is just super. It will be a blast & you'll learn a lot too! Lucky you.

--- Laurie

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi to those interested in Gemstone Roundtable events....
Ginger and I have performed over 630 events spanning 11 years in North America. We have a fairly good grasp as to how they should run, and have produced a manual for retail jewelers to use as they work their way into a new way of showcasing colored gemstones.

For jewelers, this style of event allows them to reduce their inventory load, and do a better job of controlling finances. What most jewelers learn over time, is that they can not own it all, and to stock all the various gem type in various shapes and sizes can be overwhelming - and unlikely a wise thing for them to do - unless they are solely focused on colored gems. And there are very few stores in that category.

For the consumer/buyer, it is a bonanza as one can review a 100 or so custom cut gems in a less than 2-hour time span. On the same vein, a prospective buyer ONLY has about 2 hours to make a decision. For most buyers this isn't an issue. However, for some people, they need time - as in days - to make this type of decision.

Some drawbacks -
Generally speaking, the purchases won't be returnable. Once you commit, you are committed.
Most of the time, gems do not float around the table with lab reports.
Lack of contemplation time, which for some may be intimidating.

On the fun side -
You will have a blast, sitting drinking wine and enjoying awesome munchies and looking at fabulous gems. We find that some people including couples come back year after year - and then we have an opportunity to see what they've done with the gems. After all, we are gem junkies as well!

Hope you all find this helpful.

4_cs

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Roger for answering. I'm hoping to make it. I have to look at my calendar. I'm afraid I will have "too much" fun with all the stones and end up with 20 stones in front of me. I seem to fall in love with every new gemstone I see. :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results