carat
color
clarity

Round versus oval diamond hoops

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello PSers!

I'm looking at inside out hoops, and was wondering what the pros and cons are to oval versus round hoops? Size wise, I'm thinking about 3/4"-1". Please advise.

Q

Queenie60

Pintobean - here you go again, more bling!!! I have round hoops and like them very much. It's a matter of what looks best on you - I too am considering a pair of oval as I can never get enough hoops. Try both in different sizes. It's a matter of how you wear your hair and other variables. Good luck, can't wait to see what you choose.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Pinto,

I had considered buying some ovals last year. The reason I was looking for Oval ones were because of 2 reasons, my face shape is round & that round hoops always stick out at a funky angle because of where my holes are pierced. I only have 1 pair of ovals because they are incredibly hard to find & they don't stick out so noticeably. The oval shape softens the look I find. I wear hoops 24-7 so I would really like to find some nice ovals! The huggies I had inquired from IDJ were based on their popular 1.5ct rounds. The ovals were going to be roughly $200 more than their rounds & because they were considered a custom job, they were not eligible for the trade up program. The good thing about that was that they would make them in any length I wanted. I decided on a bracelet instead so the huggie project got nixed..temporarily. :lol:

Judy

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1456425304|3995627 said:
Pintobean - here you go again, more bling!!! I have round hoops and like them very much. It's a matter of what looks best on you - I too am considering a pair of oval as I can never get enough hoops. Try both in different sizes. It's a matter of how you wear your hair and other variables. Good luck, can't wait to see what you choose.

:oops: :oops: :oops: I'm in the process of getting a yellow gold pear bezeled pendant (got off the phone not too long ago with IDJ). and then I'm cutting MYSELF off. :-o ;( :nono: :errrr: I'm going to think about these hoops as "research", for when DH needs to get himself out of the dog house. Well, we have cats, so DIG himself out of the LITTER BOX :lol: :lol: :lol: .

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ccuheartnurse|1456426220|3995640 said:
Hi Pinto,

I had considered buying some ovals last year. The reason I was looking for Oval ones were because of 2 reasons, my face shape is round & that round hoops always stick out at a funky angle because of where my holes are pierced. I only have 1 pair of ovals because they are incredibly hard to find & they don't stick out so noticeably. The oval shape softens the look I find. I wear hoops 24-7 so I would really like to find some nice ovals! The huggies I had inquired from IDJ were based on their popular 1.5ct rounds. The ovals were going to be roughly $200 more than their rounds & because they were considered a custom job, they were not eligible for the trade up program. The good thing about that was that they would make them in any length I wanted. I decided on a bracelet instead so the huggie project got nixed..temporarily. :lol:

Judy
Hi Judy :wavey:
I have the 1.45 ctw huggies from costco, and I find that they sit close enough to the lobe that they are face shape neutral :lol:. For your reference, 60 lbs ago, my face was long. 60 lbs later, it's like this gourd:
http://www.pumpkinhollowgourds.com/pear-teardrop-gourds/
I actually can't wear my hair natural (it's medium to thick strands, medium in volume, slight wave, but flat on top from the weight, naturally), because my hair in it's natural state accentuates the gourdiness (haha making up words!). I get a perm with the biggest perm rods lolol to get the lift and volume on top to balance the top of my head with my cheeks.

I'm guessing also, the way your ears are pinned to your head makes a difference, too. If your ears are close to the side of your head, then round hoops may press against your head and jut out funny.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm glad we can laugh at ourselves! I'm sure you do not have a gourd head. :lol: I have lost a bit of weight myself & my face is thinning out so hopefully my fat head will slim into the round hoops. :lol: I have to keep my eyes open for the Costco sale. Some of you gals got a good price on those earrings. Since you already have the round, I would certainly look into the oval styles just to have something different. There are some on the NY Findings hoop catalogue. I used their styles to pinpoint what custom huggies I would want but they may already have a stock size you might like.

http://www.newyorkfindings.com/New%20Hoop%20Catalog/New%20Hoop%20Catalog.htm

Happy hunting! Can't wait to see more of your goodies. :))

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ccuheartnurse|1456432772|3995699 said:
I'm glad we can laugh at ourselves! I'm sure you do not have a gourd head. :lol: I have lost a bit of weight myself & my face is thinning out so hopefully my fat head will slim into the round hoops. :lol: I have to keep my eyes open for the Costco sale. Some of you gals got a good price on those earrings. Since you already have the round, I would certainly look into the oval styles just to have something different. There are some on the NY Findings hoop catalogue. I used their styles to pinpoint what custom huggies I would want but they may already have a stock size you might like.

http://www.newyorkfindings.com/New%20Hoop%20Catalog/New%20Hoop%20Catalog.htm

Happy hunting! Can't wait to see more of your goodies. :))

Thanks for the link to the findings - that's a smart way of researching hoops!
As for Costco - It looks like the white gold ones are on sale right now - during the holidays, I paid $1,699.99. They are currently priced at $1,799.99, compared to the yellow gold ones at $1,999,99.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results