shape
carat
color
clarity

Round triple ex question

DannyD_diamond

Rough_Rock
So I guess my question is: do you already have a vendor for the setting?

Thank you for the info, and I do not i have visited 4 location in the nyc area but have not committed to any of them yet because I cannot seem to commit to a stone. ;(

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I did not know that about WF

Shoot! I might be wrong about whiteflash and Gabriel and co, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask if they could order the setting.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shoot! I might be wrong about whiteflash and Gabriel and co, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask if they could order the setting.
Because Whiteflash isn't currently partnered with Gabriel & Co. (think they used to be), they can't order a setting from the company.

Are you in NYC, @DannyD_diamond ? If so, London Jewelers (downtown in the Oculus by the World Trade Center), Ranieri Jewelers on Bowery, and ID Jewelry are the 3 Gabriel & Co. authorized retailers in Manhattan. I'm not familiar with Ranieri, but definitely would prefer to give my business to IDJ vs. London Jewelers.

Are you hoping to have the ring by Xmas, Chanukah or New Year's Eve?

DannyD_diamond

Rough_Rock
Because Whiteflash isn't currently partnered with Gabriel & Co. (think they used to be), they can't order a setting from the company.

Are you in NYC, @DannyD_diamond ? If so, London Jewelers (downtown in the Oculus by the World Trade Center), Ranieri Jewelers on Bowery, and ID Jewelry are the 3 Gabriel & Co. authorized retailers in Manhattan. I'm not familiar with Ranieri, but definitely would prefer to give my business to IDJ vs. London Jewelers.

Are you hoping to have the ring by Xmas, Chanukah or New Year's Eve?

I originally was but sounds like most places are saying it might not be possible. I am in NJ about 3 miles from no. I went over to Gelber mundy they are out on Long Isand but have an office in the diamond district. I have not contact ID jewelry but hearing a lot on here about them Do you have experience with them?

also do you believe an H color would be ok in that setting Or would you recommend staying G or higher. Reason I am looking for a .90 is the price break and with a halo setting and my GF petite fingers I think it would be plenty?

DannyD_diamond

Rough_Rock
I found this on there. But they don’t list the actual certificate to show the crown and pavilion angels

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this on there. But they don’t list the actual certificate to show the crown and pavilion angels

I think you will do better with id jewelry if you call or visit them.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a link to the WF stone I posted a week or so back. It seems to meet all your criteria, give you super ideal stats and an upgrade policy. All for the same or less dollars that you've been talking about spending on lesser quality stones.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't go this route.

I bought my own wedding band from Yeukitel @ IDJ. My wife's stone came from BGD and her e-ring & wedding band was a custom with DK.

Yeukitel is super easy to work with, and budget conscious. I'd buy the setting from him, and have him ship to Houston so that WF could set the stone and then ship back to you as a completed package.

Wham, bam, thank ya ma'm.

Ignore the carat weight. Look at the dimensions. Basically the same size but for less money, and a lifetime killer upgrade program plus a guaranteed performer with all the images to make a solid decision.

WF PS 0.84 G VS2 @ $3,973 wire

Gorgeous proportions. 57 table, 61.6 depth, 34.5 crown, 40.8 pavilion and 75 LGF :love:

In a nutshell...your easy button sparkle bomb solution.

DannyD_diamond

Rough_Rock
Here's a link to the WF stone I posted a week or so back. It seems to meet all your criteria, give you super ideal stats and an upgrade policy. All for the same or less dollars that you've been talking about spending on lesser quality stones.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't go this route.

I bought my own wedding band from Yeukitel @ IDJ. My wife's stone came from BGD and her e-ring & wedding band was a custom with DK.

Yeukitel is super easy to work with, and budget conscious. I'd buy the setting from him, and have him ship to Houston so that WF could set the stone and then ship back to you as a completed package.

Wham, bam, thank ya ma'm.

I actually really like the look of this stone and you are right it does fit my budget. And you are saying it is the same size, appearance of a .90?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually really like the look of this stone and you are right it does fit my budget. And you are saying it is the same size, appearance of a .90?

Yes, Look at the measurements, not carat weight. I love this stone sledge found.

DannyD_diamond

Rough_Rock
Yes, Look at the measurements, not carat weight. I love this stone sledge found.

Nice!!! I also emailed IDJ this evening. I told him I was referred off price scope but I assume he wouldn’t recognize the handles. That stone I really like that stone also. I’m actually really tempted to buy it before it goes away, thoughts on that?

DannyD_diamond

Rough_Rock
Nice!!! I also emailed IDJ this evening. I told him I was referred off price scope but I assume he wouldn’t recognize the handles. That stone I really like that stone also. I’m actually really tempted to buy it before it goes away, thoughts on that?

Also should I not be concerned about the inclusion types on it?

914DDB8A-0E98-4F80-95B9-259D889E8751.png

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be very unique to find a VS2 in this size of a stone that would be problematic.

Also, the WF site states it is eye clean.

However, the best part about this stone is that WF actually has this in their vault in Sugar Land, TX (suburb of Houston). You can call them and ask questions and they can grab the stone and vet it for you. Plus, they are a very trusted and honorable dealer that will shoot you straight, even at the expense of a sale as they understand the value of transparency and reputation.

Re-looking at the stone, I noticed the cert doesn't have a clarity plot included. You could ask them if one is available.

Also, they typically have a 360 degree video they post of each stone that shows off the glamour and beauty. Additionally we can sometimes see various inclusions in the video that help us confirm our like or dislike of a particular stone.

One thing I like about WF is they understand how picky we are here about stones, and they are about the performance and beauty of the stone themselves and making LIFELONG customers/clients so they hold themselves to a pretty high standard that many dealers don't do.

All that said, trust your gut. Call them and ask about the inclusions. Request a glamour video and also one against a white background so you can gauge color and also more easily see any inclusions. They will accommodate you as they want you to have the warm fuzzies when you purchase.

Lastly, I would absolutely put this stone on hold while you make a final decision. It's a value stone with near perfect proportions and people lurk here and "steal" recommended stones all the time.

DannyD_diamond

Rough_Rock
I have heard back from IDJ. Here is something they have. Any thoughts?

A2BE404C-CE81-42EC-900D-247C91538E4C.png

DannyD_diamond

Rough_Rock
Should be very nice. Is it in house and you can go see it?

That with the Gabriel band would be 5500. I have to see if I can get in there

he also sent me this which would 6350 total. Looks like both have good proportions?

6A891641-5AFA-4886-A6FE-E3EA703908AF.png

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the first one, but put them both on hold. When do you think you can get there? I’ll actually be in the area on Friday morning :D:D:mrgreen:. If you can’t get there by Friday morning, I could go look at them lol. I love spending other people’s money. Just a thought. Another set of eyes etc.

I’m a big proponent of getting the setting and stone from the same place and these appear to be two diamonds we would recommend so stick with Yekutiel and see if you can get it all done with him

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IDJ has the necessary scopes to run a full analysis on each stone. So they can provide a full array of ASET, IS and H&A images.

Both appear to have acceptable proportions and passing HCA scores (see below).

I'd want to see those advanced images, but based on the limited data we have thus far I'm leaning more towards the F SI1 with the 35/40.8 combo. Reasons are fairly simple. In this size, I would prefer the bump in color over the clarity -- with the assumption the SI1 is 100% eye clean within 6" from top & sides in good lighting with 20/20 vision -- while intently analyzing the stone. While there is no universal definition of eye clean, that is a version that I utilize and is more strict than most vendor's definitions.

Without seeing the stone to gauge actual LGF size as opposed to GIA reported LGF values that are rounded to the nearest 5% I typically prefer 75 LGF's as you get fatter arrows that produce bigger bolder flashes of light. Numerically larger LGF's produce more skinny arrows and create more pin fire in bright lighting scenarios.

To further complicate matters, a reported GIA 75 LGF can range from 73-77, whereas a reported GIA 80 LGF can range from 78-83. There would be little difference between a 77 & 78 actual, but there would be noticeable difference between a 75 actual and 80 actual.

Also, I prefer the steeper 35 crown and 40.8 pavilion angles of the F stone.

My biggest fear with the F stone is that 35/40.8 combo is tricky to pull off and comes down to the precision level of faceting it either has or doesn't have. Consequently I've seen several ASET's of that particular combo that are less than ideal. But, that is the beauty of this ordeal -- IDJ has the equipment to perform all the advanced images, so assuming those check out I'd prefer the 35/40.8 combo.

But since both stones have been presented as options, I think you should analyze the advanced images on both stones against the WF stone to make a more informed choice.

0.90 F SI1

CaptureFSI1.PNG

0.90 G VS1

CaptureGVS1.PNG

DannyD_diamond

Rough_Rock
I think the first one, but put them both on hold. When do you think you can get there? I’ll actually be in the area on Friday morning :D:D:mrgreen:. If you can’t get there by Friday morning, I could go look at them lol. I love spending other people’s money. Just a thought. Another set of eyes etc.

I’m a big proponent of getting the setting and stone from the same place and these appear to be two diamonds we would recommend so stick with Yekutiel and see if you can get it all done with him

I cannot believe you would be willing to do that for me. your knowledge and experience I have seen through this forum would certainly have me take you up on that offer That would be amazing! I agree I would prefer to do both from the same place.

Do you take your ring in for cleaning to IDJ or is that not really needed as you gain more experience?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot believe you would be willing to do that for me. your knowledge and experience I have seen through this forum would certainly have me take you up on that offer That would be amazing! I agree I would prefer to do both from the same place.

Do you take your ring in for cleaning to IDJ or is that not really needed as you gain more experience?

I have a magnasonic ultrasonic I bought from amazon for about $39.00 and I use that to clean. (We have threads on it lol). It is probably good every year or so to bring it in for an inspection of prongs etc...

Caysie did my asscher and she is in California, so I inspect my ring every few months with loupes from amazon.

I’m seriously going to be a handful of blocks away from idj on Friday with nothing to do before 1:00. Lol.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My IG Is yatcube. You can contact me there if you want. Just tell Yekutiel I’m your proxy lol and I’m going to help you. I’d even put you in FaceTime :appl::appl::appl:lol.

I’m on a bling ban. Haha. This would be fun for me and I could help you.

DannyD_diamond

Rough_Rock
My IG Is yatcube. You can contact me there if you want. Just tell Yekutiel I’m your proxy lol and I’m going to help you. I’d even put you in FaceTime :appl::appl::appl:lol.

I’m on a bling ban. Haha. This would be fun for me and I could help you.

You are so awesome! I would love to chat with you more. I did request you on IG Under Danny_d. Please message me if you can there. I just spoke with Yekutiel as well

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good stuff -- glad to hear this is working out for you. Thanks @whitewave for jumping in to help a forum member. That's cool of you. While I'm sure Danny is an upstanding guy, please put some precautions in-place. Always better safe than sorry.

@DannyD_diamond, please continue to push IDJ to give you those advanced images so they can be analyzed prior to your arrival tomorrow. And no offense on the above, just looking out is all.

Lastly, post some videos and let us know how it goes.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good stuff -- glad to hear this is working out for you. Thanks @whitewave for jumping in to help a forum member. That's cool of you. While I'm sure Danny is an upstanding guy, please put some precautions in-place. Always better safe than sorry.

@DannyD_diamond, please continue to push IDJ to give you those advanced images so they can be analyzed prior to your arrival tomorrow. And no offense on the above, just looking out is all.

Lastly, post some videos and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the safety reminder, sledge.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. It’s happening lol. And for clarity, I am doing this out of the goodness of my heart and my bling obsession and the fact that I am on a bling ban myself so I can show up with zero dollars. :)

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this one at IDJ and do you have the clarity plot for it?

That's the WF stone I recommended.

It was a premium select (GIA cert).

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Under one carat stone generally do not have a plot.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results