shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Tahitians or Diamond Studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t decide whether I want to purchase a strand of round tahitians or a pair of diamond stud earrings. What would you do? I''m thinking a strand of dark green tahitians or 1 ctw diamond studs.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Tough choice. Are you leaning one way or another? Studs are kind of an everyday type item and a strand of tahitians is more a statement piece. So it depends on what you like more and what you already own.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 8:46:18 PM
Author: innerkitten
Tough choice. Are you leaning one way or another? Studs are kind of an everyday type item and a strand of tahitians is more a statement piece. So it depends on what you like more and what you already own.

Ditto. Personally, I would do the studs first since I could wear those a LOT - like everyday if I wanted. And they''re a very classic piece that goes with anything. Plus, I could get a much more inexpensive pair of beautiful freshwaters to wear now while saving up for the Tahitians.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find diamond studs to be a staple item, and Tahitian pearls would come further down on my list. But because I don''t think I''d wear a Tahitian strand that often, I do have two Tahitian pearl pendants that I love! That way I can have both!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 10:57:51 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I find diamond studs to be a staple item, and Tahitian pearls would come further down on my list. But because I don't think I'd wear a Tahitian strand that often, I do have two Tahitian pearl pendants that I love! That way I can have both!
Ditto, diamond studs you can wear with everything.
9.gif
Welcome to Pricescope
35.gif

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Right now, I'm leaning toward the diamond studs, but the black tahitians keep whispering to me. Do you think 1 ctw is big enough to say "Wowza!" yet understated enough to wear with jeans?

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 10:59:39 PM
Author: Skippy123

I find diamond studs to be a staple item, and Tahitian pearls would come further down on my list. But because I don''t think I''d wear a Tahitian strand that often, I do have two Tahitian pearl pendants that I love! That way I can have both!
Ditto, diamond studs you can wear with everything.
9.gif
Welcome to Pricescope
35.gif
Thanks, Skippy!
35.gif
back at ya! I love these little emoticons.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 3:18:28 AM
Author: brightlight

Right now, I''m leaning toward the diamond studs, but the black tahitians keep whispering to me. Do you think 1 ctw is big enough to say ''Wowza!'' yet understated enough to wear with jeans?

1 ctw is my dream size for studs. I think I''d be able to wear them anywhere for anything. Have you tried some on yet? People have different ideas of what too blingy is, but diamond studs are so classic that I definitely think 1 ctw is understated enough for jeans but still impressive to me.

I also have a tahitian/golden south sea strand on my long-term wishlist. Assuming I had the budget for both, I''d get the studs first. I think the studs would be more of an everyday item and the pearl strand would be more of an occasion piece. But you''re right, those pearls do keep singing to me. Sigh. So I guess my ideal answer would be to get both!
27.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely diamond studs.

To me, pearls are what you buy after you''ve filled up your basic diamond "wardrobe"!
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thritto! A strand is definately "harder" to wear than a pendant--I guess I mean less versatile. Diamond studs, like pearl studs, are a wardrobe staple!!!

cheers--Sharon

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I think 1 ctw is a really nice size for everyday. They should sparkle nicely. But if you''re looking for "wowza" maybe the necklace since it is more of a statement piece. If you are leaning towards studs though, what about getting the diamond studs and a less expensive pearl item to keep you going until you can get the tahitian strand?

Some ideas.

A freshwater strand dyed black? My MIL has some of these ( I gave them to her) and they are beautiful!
http://www.pearlparadise.com/70-80-mm-Black-Freshwater-Pearl-Necklace-1191.aspx

Or maybe a really simple tahitian pendant? http://www.pearlparadise.com/Classic-Collection-Tahitian-Pearl-Pendant145.aspx

bebe

Ideal_Rock
studs. great answers posted already, but I just wanted to say ditto!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with Phoenix, I love Tahitians but they were a later addition to my collection . . . save them for a great anni gift and go for the studs now!! To me they are one of my top 3 - a lovely ering and/or wedding band, a great classic watch, and diamond studs - you are good to go for almost anything!
1.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''d probably go with the studs first. I''m having a studs/pearls dilemma myself too. Although on a smaller scale.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Yanno, I have several stands of pearls, and I never, well barely ever, wear them. It feels like such a commitment to don a strand. (pendants are easy)

So even though I love to collect pearls, I'd probably choose the studs to have as a staple.

I'm in a similar dilemma for my upcoming anniversary gift--the husband wants to get me a piece, and it's between a pearl piece and a diamond/gem piece. I feel you--tough huh? Can't we just have everything we want all at once??
9.gif

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
So, I''ve decided on the diamond studs. I started having second thoughts, but my hubby told me I should go ahead and get them.
36.gif
Does anyone know why James Allen''s platinum martini settings are twice as much as White Flash''s. Is there a difference in the way they fit in the lobe or show off the diamond? I''m planning on getting the diamonds from JA and would like to get the settings there too but not if they''re twice as much as WF.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Btw, I''m planning on having pearl jackets made so I''ll have a set of mini-Phoenix earrings.
9.gif

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, I think Phoenix started something! What kind of pearls for your jackets? White pearls? Tahitians?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He he, Brightlight and Honey, you ladies are so CUTE!! Thank you.

BL, I can''t wait to see yours, and definitely CONGRATS on deciding on yr diamond studs!! YAY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Pls post pics when you get them.

(Btw, you can get diamonds from one place and have the setting made from another. I don''t know why there''s a difference in price but at twice the price, I''d go with WF. Sorry, Jim).

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 8:46:01 AM
Author: Honey228
Ooh, I think Phoenix started something! What kind of pearls for your jackets? White pearls? Tahitians?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ............. I think both. Hee, hee.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 8:54:45 AM
Author: Phoenix

BL, I can''t wait to see yours, and definitely CONGRATS on deciding on yr diamond studs!! YAY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

(Btw, you can get diamonds from one place and have the setting made from another. I don''t know why there''s a difference in price but at twice the price, I''d go with WF. Sorry, Jim).
I think that''s what I''ll do. I was hoping to to have them set in the same place. I''m paranoid about my diamonds being lost or accidentally switched with someone else''s.
39.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2009 9:22:06 AM

Date: 6/1/2009 8:54:45 AM
Author: Phoenix

BL, I can't wait to see yours, and definitely CONGRATS on deciding on yr diamond studs!! YAY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

(Btw, you can get diamonds from one place and have the setting made from another. I don't know why there's a difference in price but at twice the price, I'd go with WF. Sorry, Jim).
I think that's what I'll do. I was hoping to to have them set in the same place. I'm paranoid about my diamonds being lost or accidentally switched with someone else's.
39.gif
I don't think you need to worry about that. They're both very well known and reputable vendors, loved by many on PS. I myself have purchased from both and have never had such a problem. Also, when the diamonds are shipped back and forth, they're insured. I'd ask JA to take care of the arrrangements for shipping back and forth and ask them to get insurance too. Mind you, this might add up to the cost, as I'd imagine that it'd be you having to pay for both the insurance and shipping.

You might be able to ask Jim Schultz to see if he could reduce the price of the setting for you, if the cost of the extra shipping and insurance to WF turns out to be prohibitive, compared to the cost of the setting (I don't think that it will, but just in case). It doesn't hurt to ask. All they can say is no, right?

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 9:18:16 AM
Date: 6/1/2009 8:46:01 AM

Author: Honey228

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ............. I think both. Hee, hee.

Now THAT''s what I''m talkin'' about!
36.gif

I understand wanting to get the stone and setting at the same place, even though I *know* lots of people here have gotten them from separate places. Maybe the more jewelry projects I do, the braver I will get LOL. That''s it, brightlight, we need practice!

solina

Rough_Rock
i would get stud diamond earrings first, cox i can wear the earrings everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results