shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Pink Sapphire and Asscher Blue Zircon from Jeff White

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have finally got round to setting another 2 of my Jeff White coloured gemstones, and am very happy with them.

Starting with the Pink Sapphire...

I asked Jeff to source a suitable pink Sapphire for a ring in an Art Deco/Edwardian inspired setting. This ring would have been my engagement ring of choice had I decided to walk down the aisle again. However, as that is unlikely to happen, I decided to have it made myself rather than to wait forever for Mr. Right to come along.

That was for his Tucson 2020's trip just before the pandemic started.

I gave him a budget initially, and he WhatsApp (WA) me with his original find, and I did not like it as the colour did not appeal to me being too light. He informed me that he was unlikely to find any better based on my original budget.

So I increased the budget right away, and he came back shortly with another stone and my heart skipped a beat when I saw the video he shared in WA!

He said when he first saw that stone, he thought it would be the one, however, it was over my budget by quite a margin! As soon as I increased my budget (I was well-prepared for that), and un-beknown to me, it was sufficient to purchase this stone, as if it was meant to be! :kiss2:

The original cutting had a small window, however, he said he would recut it for me at no extra charge.

This is the resultant stone and Jeff's glamour photo does not do it justice, and my own photo is even worse!

Pink Sapphire 1.93ct 7.08 x 7.08mm.png Pink Sapphire 1.93ct 7.08 x 7.08mm DK.png

Here is a video that Jeff sent to me

This is the inspiration ring, an air line/gap cluster:

102ed-antique-style-emerald-and-diamond-ring-523ba-650.jpg
This is the first CAD my bench sent to me, with 2.7mm Lab Grown Diamonds (LGDs) and it looked more like a halo than a cluster, so I requested for bigger side stones in 3.5mm, and it still looked like a halo rather than a cluster to me:

1. QQ图片20231107231428.png 2. QQ图片20231113212001.png

So I asked for the side stones to be increased again, this time to 4.5mm to achieve the flower cluster look that I desired.

3. QQ图片20231113212001.png

Although the proportions looked right to me, I had concerns about the LGDs being Modern Round Brilliants (MRBs) as they could not get hold of Old European Cuts (OECs) in LGDs just yet, would overshadow the Pink Sapphire, and I communicated my concerns to my bench. My usual contact at the bench assured me that the Pink Sapphire will not be overwhelmed by the LGDs. So I approved the CAD and it went into production.

When I opened the box yesterday, I was in the kitchen and the extraction hood's 3 x halogen lights were on, and my initial thoughts were that the LGDs were too big and sparkly etc.. :confused2:

Since then, I wore it around the house, and it grew on me, and now I love it. The Pink Sapphire's colour pops at me, and Jeff's cutting made it sparkle and holds its own against the LGDs! :kiss2:

JW_Pink_Sapphire_02.jpg JW_Pink_Sapphire_03.jpg JW_Pink_Sapphire_08.jpg JW_Pink_Sapphire_09.jpg

More to follow.

DK :))

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Part 2 - Jeff's signature Asscher cut (the "Windmill" is what I call it affectionately) blue Zircon, 7.04ct and 9.25 x 9.25 mm, a glamour shot from him:

JW_BlueAsscherZircon_7.04ct_9.25x9.25mm.jpg

A video of the finished stone he sent to me:

Video of Jeff White's Asscher cut blue Zircon

As the stone is symmetrical, I decided to set it in 45degC, as seen in this inspiration ring design:

173ad-vintage-aquamarine-and-diamond-cluster-ring-367x11-500h-650.jpg

I wanted a Rose Gold bezel to bring out the colour of the stone, and this was the first CAD I received from my bench, again, the melees are LGDs:

10. QQ图片20231107231432.png

I was not too keen on the blunt end points of the pear-shapes in the corners, so I requested for the points to be made sharper, and suggested a design change to add an air gap/line:

11..png 12..png

This is the revised CAD and it looked much better than the first one, and I approved the CAD:

13. QQ图片20231113211954.png

This is the finished ring that I received yesterday together with the Pink Sapphire ring, and I love it!!! :kiss2:

JW_Asscher_Zircon_03.jpg JW_Asscher_Zircon_04.jpg

Both rings together:

JW_Pink_Sapphire_Asscher_Zircon_Rings_02.jpg JW_Pink_Sapphire_Asscher_Zircon_Rings_03.jpg

I love them both, definitely statement pieces that I shall treasure and wear with great joy!

Very happy bunny here!!!

DK :kiss2::lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscher zircon! Wanted one forever, yours in heavenly.

Same - I lusted after one of Jeff's signature windmills, and I am so glad to have one myself finally!

DK :kiss2:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
These are stunning. I just love the colors! You must be so happy!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are stunning. I just love the colors! You must be so happy!

Indeed, and thanks!

I am unlikely to set any more of his CSs for a while, so these two will satisfy my bling habit for some time!

DK :lol-2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are absolutely gorgeous @dk168!! They look fabulous on your hand!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
What gorgeous additions to your collection! Enjoy these beauties!!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
These are so pretty congrats! I need to be cut off from setting any more colored stones for a while myself so I totally get it

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are gorgeous! Wonderful color and sparkle.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
I have finally got round to setting another 2 of my Jeff White coloured gemstones, and am very happy with them.

Starting with the Pink Sapphire...

I asked Jeff to source a suitable pink Sapphire for a ring in an Art Deco/Edwardian inspired setting. This ring would have been my engagement ring of choice had I decided to walk down the aisle again. However, as that is unlikely to happen, I decided to have it made myself rather than to wait forever for Mr. Right to come along.

That was for his Tucson 2020's trip just before the pandemic started.

I gave him a budget initially, and he WhatsApp (WA) me with his original find, and I did not like it as the colour did not appeal to me being too light. He informed me that he was unlikely to find any better based on my original budget.

So I increased the budget right away, and he came back shortly with another stone and my heart skipped a beat when I saw the video he shared in WA!

He said when he first saw that stone, he thought it would be the one, however, it was over my budget by quite a margin! As soon as I increased my budget (I was well-prepared for that), and un-beknown to me, it was sufficient to purchase this stone, as if it was meant to be! :kiss2:

The original cutting had a small window, however, he said he would recut it for me at no extra charge.

This is the resultant stone and Jeff's glamour photo does not do it justice, and my own photo is even worse!

Pink Sapphire 1.93ct 7.08 x 7.08mm.png Pink Sapphire 1.93ct 7.08 x 7.08mm DK.png

Here is a video that Jeff sent to me

This is the inspiration ring, an air line/gap cluster:

102ed-antique-style-emerald-and-diamond-ring-523ba-650.jpg
This is the first CAD my bench sent to me, with 2.7mm Lab Grown Diamonds (LGDs) and it looked more like a halo than a cluster, so I requested for bigger side stones in 3.5mm, and it still looked like a halo rather than a cluster to me:

1. QQ图片20231107231428.png 2. QQ图片20231113212001.png

So I asked for the side stones to be increased again, this time to 4.5mm to achieve the flower cluster look that I desired.

3. QQ图片20231113212001.png

Although the proportions looked right to me, I had concerns about the LGDs being Modern Round Brilliants (MRBs) as they could not get hold of Old European Cuts (OECs) in LGDs just yet, would overshadow the Pink Sapphire, and I communicated my concerns to my bench. My usual contact at the bench assured me that the Pink Sapphire will not be overwhelmed by the LGDs. So I approved the CAD and it went into production.

When I opened the box yesterday, I was in the kitchen and the extraction hood's 3 x halogen lights were on, and my initial thoughts were that the LGDs were too big and sparkly etc.. :confused2:

Since then, I wore it around the house, and it grew on me, and now I love it. The Pink Sapphire's colour pops at me, and Jeff's cutting made it sparkle and holds its own against the LGDs! :kiss2:

JW_Pink_Sapphire_02.jpg JW_Pink_Sapphire_03.jpg JW_Pink_Sapphire_08.jpg JW_Pink_Sapphire_09.jpg

More to follow.

DK :))

What a fun journey from stone to setting, congratulations on 2 beautiful rings!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Part 2 - Jeff's signature Asscher cut (the "Windmill" is what I call it affectionately) blue Zircon, 7.04ct and 9.25 x 9.25 mm, a glamour shot from him:

As the stone is symmetrical, I decided to set it in 45degC, as seen in this inspiration ring design:

I wanted a Rose Gold bezel to bring out the colour of the stone, and this was the first CAD I received from my bench, again, the melees are LGDs:

I was not too keen on the blunt end points of the pear-shapes in the corners, so I requested for the points to be made sharper, and suggested a design change to add an air gap/line:

11..png 12..png

This is the revised CAD and it looked much better than the first one, and I approved the CAD:

This is the finished ring that I received yesterday together with the Pink Sapphire ring, and I love it!!! :kiss2:

Both rings together:

JW_Pink_Sapphire_Asscher_Zircon_Rings_02.jpg JW_Pink_Sapphire_Asscher_Zircon_Rings_03.jpg

I love them both, definitely statement pieces that I shall treasure and wear with great joy!

Very happy bunny here!!!

So lovely! Did Kyo make these for you?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Group pic of my rings with Jeff White's coloured stones to date (the Aqua and Morganite ring needs cleaning!).

4_Rings_18Dec2023_02a.jpg

DK :kiss2:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings and stones!! :love: Congrats!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss these? Both are absolutely gorgeous!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

11..png 12..png

Both rings together:

Very happy bunny here!!!

how did i miss these DK ? :(2
just must have been too busy around xmas
they are absolutly stunning:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
i hope by now they are well and trully at home on your hand and they are getting lots of wear

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results